The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Michiel Schierbeek

@ Keith; I try not to use the Sony interface :)

@ Paul; That second one almost looks like jugendstil metal forging. Very nice!

@ Wstam; Thanks!

Some more landscaping.

Michiel

dunders

Subscriber Member

Duane Pandorf

The Chimp

Came by this couple yesterday evening as I was walking the streets of Nice, France and grabbed this one while the photographer was chimping as the lady has the perfect pose. :face smack:

dunders

Subscriber Member
Keith: I like the composition and rendering of the 'Picasso', but I *don't* like the way that woman is looking at me!

The sculpture is intriguing!

wstam

Hi, due to work and family, I have not been using the GXR for almost half a year. Really miss it. I do come here frequently to admire the nice photos shared. Finally managed to find sometime over the weekend to do some shooting :) Sharing a few here:

Thanks for viewing. Cheers!

Duane Pandorf

Duane; Interesting picture and nice light too, but where are his legs? :)

BTW, you are around!

Michiel
You I did not even notice the leg part until I got home and my wife said the same thing!!!! I took several photos sitting behind this couple. But there was a parasail in the background confusing the image. I thought this was the better one until the leg part was mentioned.

Yes I do get around. I work a 7 on 7 off schedule as a pilot and the aircraft I fly can go from Tokyo to NY non-stop.

Michiel Schierbeek

It makes the photograph even more interesting! His legs are probably (I hope so for the guy) on the railing.

Adventurous profession and very nice for photography with all those different locations, if you can find the time for it. With that amount of traveling, I can imagine that the Ricoh is a very nice compact quality camera to take along.

Duane Pandorf

It makes the photograph even more interesting! His legs are probably (I hope so for the guy) on the railing.

Adventurous profession and very nice for photography with all those different locations, if you can find the time for it. With that amount of traveling, I can imagine that the Ricoh is a very nice compact quality camera to take along.
I have another picture of the two and both their legs aren't showing as they're up on the railing.

The Ricoh GXR has been perfect for traveling. A couple weeks ago I was in Barcelona and had a chance to visit a local photo shop that carried Leicas. It was the first time I have ever handled a Leica body, the M9.

From the photos online it would appear to be small. Well, I found it large in comparison to the GXR. It made me feel even better about my current tool of choice to take pictures with.

However, I do like the Leica glass as the Summicron's, for example, are very compact.

I did an interview which is posted on the Ricoh Forums where I expound at bit on my experience with the Ricoh GXR and photography.

Godfrey

I have another picture of the two and both their legs aren't showing as they're up on the railing.

The Ricoh GXR has been perfect for traveling. A couple weeks ago I was in Barcelona and had a chance to visit a local photo shop that carried Leicas. It was the first time I have ever handled a Leica body, the M9.

From the photos online it would appear to be small. Well, I found it large in comparison to the GXR. It made me feel even better about my current tool of choice to take pictures with.

However, I do like the Leica glass as the Summicron's, for example, are very compact.

I did an interview which is posted on the Ricoh Forums where I expound at bit on my experience with the Ricoh GXR and photography.
Nice interview. :) And I like the photo with just one pair of legs ... it adds something.

The M9 is very small for a full frame camera, and in physical size remarkably similar to the GXR-M with comparable FoV/speed lens and viewfinder fitted. Put up against the FF DSLRs and it's no contest as to what's smaller. The nicest thing about the M9 is that it has few protrusions other than the lens so it slips more easily into a slim bag without catching on stuff, unlike both the DSLR and the GXR-M with viewfinder. But it is a larger, heavier camera than that GXR and feels it. Both feel tight and dense, the M9 more so.

I like 'em both. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Indeed a nice interview, Duane.
Very personal and it is a big compliment for Ricoh as well. It is not just this camera but also all those good MF lenses - I have almost no AF lenses -which make you far more aware of what you're doing before you take the shot. At least that is my experience.
Besides the great files the Ricoh produces, of course. I am glad Keith forced :D me to buy one.

Very rarely I need, for my style photography, a fast AF lens, but there are situations I missed shots, because manual focussing was to slow.

This summer the Tour de France is passing by near our village in France, where I live mainly at the moment (just retired from teaching art school). How will I get good shots from those seconds of action?
Pre focussing or buy a AF zoom for my NEX-7. Well I'll see.

Thanks for the link.

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I think the "missing legs" image of Duane's is a classic! It grabs your attention immediately. Love to see one with both sets of legs missing.

Here is a mess of tracks, wires, and poles just feet from the Art Gallery of Ontario. GXR with the lovely A16 zoom.

Keith