The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Thorkil

My GXR body is away for a new LCD. I'm missing it!

Here's a shot from a few weeks ago when, unusually this summer, the sun shone:

C&C always welcome.
Hi Paul. Which wide are you using here + aperture and speed? Nice sharpnes and mood!
Thorkil

dunders

Subscriber Member
Keith: thanks for your kind words. This is about the third rendering of this image: as Godfrey comments from time to time, it's abandoned rather than finished! Glad you like it!

Hi Paul. Which wide are you using here + aperture and speed? Nice sharpnes and mood!
Thorkil
Thorkil: thank you! It's the Heliar 4.5/15. Shutter was 1/710 sec, and I would guess that the aperture was f5.6, as I had zone focussed and was walking round the harbour snapping at random. This was the only good shot....

wstam

Keith: thanks for your kind words. This is about the third rendering of this image: as Godfrey comments from time to time, it's abandoned rather than finished! Glad you like it!

Thorkil: thank you! It's the Heliar 4.5/15. Shutter was 1/710 sec, and I would guess that the aperture was f5.6, as I had zone focussed and was walking round the harbour snapping at random. This was the only good shot....
This is indeed very good. Thanks for sharing.

Godfrey

Lookin' good, Paul! Very nice B&W rendering!

The past weekend was full of two events ... I pulled out the GXR fitted with the Skopar 28 and snapped around with it and the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4S photos look great—until you compare them with the GXR's. It still amazes me how well this camera performs.

I'll post a photo or two if I see anything worth sharing...

Thorkil

thanks. I do like zone-focusing too and that strange silent question of what the fate will do for one today, and I'm just waiting for the 16mp module to put my 15mm Heliar on too

dunders

Subscriber Member
wstam: thanks!

Godfrey: I had a good tutor;-) iPhone does fun stuff, but I can't take it too seriously (this is a good thing!). The GXR (at least with the A12 module) just shines! Good fortune on Thursday: don't forget my copy!

Thorkil: ...and wouldn't it be nice (if unlikely!) if the 16mp were full frame... I'm looking forward to the next Ricoh offerings!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hi Paul, thank you:

It is in the core of Toronto and is now called Brookfield Place, but no one can get used to that, so they refer to it by the original name, BCE Place. This structure is just part of the complex and is called the Allen Lambert Galleria.

From Wikipedia

The Allen Lambert Galleria, sometimes described as the "crystal cathedral of commerce", is an atrium designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava which connects Bay Street with Sam Pollock Square. The six story high pedestrian thoroughfare is structured by eight freestanding supports on each side of the Galleria, which branch out into parabolic shapes evoking a forest canopy[4] or a tree-lined avenue because of the presence of building facades along the sides of the structure.

It's a beautiful place to photograph because of the light.

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Wonderfull shots Keith! Love the Spirit of hockey as well! Now I must have that lens too :loco: :facesmack:

Here is a shot of our French friend's grandson on a rare sunny day. This must be the lousyest summer of all recent lousy summers.

Michiel

dunders

Subscriber Member
Hi Paul, thank you:

It is in the core of Toronto and is now called Brookfield Place, but no one can get used to that, so they refer to it by the original name, BCE Place. This structure is just part of the complex and is called the Allen Lambert Galleria.

From Wikipedia

The Allen Lambert Galleria, sometimes described as the "crystal cathedral of commerce", is an atrium designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava which connects Bay Street with Sam Pollock Square. The six story high pedestrian thoroughfare is structured by eight freestanding supports on each side of the Galleria, which branch out into parabolic shapes evoking a forest canopy[4] or a tree-lined avenue because of the presence of building facades along the sides of the structure.

It's a beautiful place to photograph because of the light.

Keith
Thanks, Keith. It's a beautiful piece of architecture (to my eye: our heir apparent and I don't see eye-to-eye on the subject of carbuncles).

It seems to take its cue from the gothic cathedral - webs of structure allowing the light in. I like the way it allows the old building to thrive, too.

I'm intrigued to see it for myself one day!

dunders

Subscriber Member
Taken at the Chruinnaght (Manx = 'Gathering') last month. The in-focus player also plays tenor sax for my band, and has recently passed grade 8: quite a feat of dedication!

As always, C&C welcome!