The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Thorkil

...and some natives too, drinking coffe, f8.0 I guess, Iso 476
...and a street-native (by the way that man got a second-place in the Danish X-factor, and no that was no set up, just a quick belly-take, passing by, f8.0 ISO 200, distance set at 2m.
Thorkil
(but would better like them into the text)

wstam

It's time of the year where some Chinese making offering to the "ghosts" (Chinese Lunar Seventh Month Festival)

zm 50mm f2

Thanks.

Michiel Schierbeek

These are from a little town called Sahagún. Ignorantly I drove right into town and I got completly stuck with my big van in one of the narrow streets. It was marketday and everyone had come to town by car.
Just by slowly and gently pushing I got through. :angel:
We came to see an old Romanesque church, but it was impossible to photograph without a lot of cars on it.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Some more of this trip from the San Millán Suso Monasterie at the Gogolla hills in NW Spain. This is the interior of the church as seen from opposite sides with opened doors and closed doors.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

An image for a very quiet thread. May be Ricoh needs a 24mp FF Leica M module to get some more attention. :rolleyes:

This one from a village near the French Pyrenees.

Michiel

dunders

Subscriber Member
Michiel: I love the latest Facade! Where was it?

I've been away and busy of late. No holiday snaps processed yet, but I remembered this from a street shoot in May:

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Paul! I don't remember exactly which village. I think it was Bassoues or one of the villages nearby. Bassoues is a very nice little village with a lovely big farmerstyle
restaurant.

Nice one, with the diagonal lines.

Michiel

Godfrey

Yes, the thread's has been quiet lately with me out playing with film and everyone obsessing about all the new goodies coming in from Photokina. Thanks for keeping up the images Michiel!

I brought the X2 and GXR fitted with A12 50 to the Sierras for a wedding this past couple of days. Both work well, once you understand the limitations of their AF and flash capabilities. Manual fous and an RF flash trigger are simply much more consistent.

The GXR M or the M9 would have done better for me, but eh? I was having fun experimenting. Not my wedding, not a job. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

I see where you are heading, Keith. Looks so nochalant but the shadowlines on all floors, the chairs, the colors and post processing make it an intriguing composition.
Does remind me of old polaroids.

Michiel :clap:

(No Merrill yet? :p)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Michiel - yes, you saw what I was aiming for. Tried at first in B & W, but this treatment worked better for me.

No Merril yet, waiting for the 28mm, but the wife is paying close attention to me. I'm trading my K5 for the K5IIs though - same sensor as the A16 zoom, I think.

I'm in Toronto for the weekend, and I bought my GXR kit. Can't believe what fun this camera is and how versatile. Here are a couple of pictures of the tower, first with the A16 zoom, second with the M mount and Minolta 75-200.

I have to think Ricoh will announce something in the next two weeks.

Keith

A16 Zoom