The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Thorkil

:) both yes and no, Michael.
No to these lines on the street, while at first glance I thought that they were annoying, too distracting, too much taken attention from the "stilleben", Still-life behind, together with the boy, which has this strange and peculiar harmony, almost weird (isolated seen, a touch of Rene Magritte).
But on the other hand yes in a way, while the picture might be too quit without them, too simple (and therefore too boring). Like the red dot in an abstract painting, that are drawing the attention, and while doing it, it makes this weird balance, that look like an unbalance, but isn't, while it hides the treasure, and therefore open a longer lasting attention. So the unbalance becomes a balance. One could call it a sort of hidden tension.(can you see it?)
And therefore it might be a yes...:)
Thorkil
(I wish I could get up and being out at 6 or 7.,..yes the morning light, one of the magic creations...but I can be so seriously lazy)

Michiel Schierbeek

:) both yes and no, Michael.
No to these lines on the street, while at first glance I thought that they were annoying, too distracting, too much taken attention from the "stilleben", Still-life behind, together with the boy, which has this strange and peculiar harmony, almost weird (isolated seen, a touch of Rene Magritte).
But on the other hand yes in a way, while the picture might be too quit without them, too simple (and therefore too boring). Like the red dot in an abstract painting, that are drawing the attention, and while doing it, it makes this weird balance, that look like an unbalance, but isn't, while it hides the treasure, and therefore open a longer lasting attention. So the unbalance becomes a balance. One could call it a sort of hidden tension.(can you see it?)
And therefore it might be a yes...:)
Thorkil
(I wish I could get up and being out at 6 or 7.,..yes the morning light, one of the magic creations...but I can be so seriously lazy)
In Cuba it is so easy to get up at 6, because it is to hot in bed or you went to bed to early, because the sun goes down to early. :)
The best things one can not explain because after an explanation the riddle is solved and therefore boring. We create images because we have no words.

Michiel

Thorkil

In Cuba it is so easy to get up at 6, because it is to hot in bed or you went to bed to early, because the sun goes down to early. :)
The best things one can not explain because after an explanation the riddle is solved and therefore boring. We create images because we have no words.

Michiel
:)
Thorkil

Kameleo

Hi all! Im from Siberia, I see here a lot of great shots. I will be glad if you will like some of my pics :)
A12*28
my home town Tomsk

Moscow. February

jtwloh

Nice shots Kameleo!

Does anyone knows if Ricoh is going to release an updated GXR body and M-mount module? I have waited for more than a year by skipping the current GXR + M-mount module, and bought a GRDIV last year. Looked up the camera rumor sites but nothing much on Ricoh.

Any info from any of you will be much appreciated.

Will

Nice shots Kameleo!

Does anyone knows if Ricoh is going to release an updated GXR body and M-mount module? I have waited for more than a year by skipping the current GXR + M-mount module, and bought a GRDIV last year. Looked up the camera rumor sites but nothing much on Ricoh.

I read a rumour somewhere a couple of weeks ago that there will no more Ricoh camera updates except for the GRD line now that they have merged with Pentax. The GXR body and M Mount are going for very reasonable prices at the moment though. I got mine for £450

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice shots Kameleo!

There just is no news, only speculations.
(BTW you can buy a GXR body for only € 146,- on Ebay.)

Michiel

jtwloh

I read a rumour somewhere a couple of weeks ago that there will no more Ricoh camera updates except for the GRD line now that they have merged with Pentax. The GXR body and M Mount are going for very reasonable prices at the moment though. I got mine for £450
It will be a shame if somehow Ricoh decides to discontinue the GXR line of product. I think the M-mount module is still one of the better options to mount Leica glasses. However, with the product options out there, Ricoh will really have to improve further on the GXR + M-mount to be competitive.

Michel, thanks for the info.

Godfrey

It will be a shame if somehow Ricoh decides to discontinue the GXR line of product. I think the M-mount module is still one of the better options to mount Leica glasses. However, with the product options out there, Ricoh will really have to improve further on the GXR + M-mount to be competitive.

Michel, thanks for the info.
It would be a shame if they discontinued it, but it is such a good camera just as it is, I'd recommend just grabbing one and enjoying it. It is the best digital body for RF lenses available today, short of the Leica M digital bodies themselves (and in some ways, it out does even the M9... I have both and there are times when I know I really should be using the GXR instead of the M9). I might even buy a second one, as it really does the business very well indeed.

( Or not. I have way more cameras than I have time to enjoy them just at the moment. :-| )

G