The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Well I owned one and it was truly excellent; the only reason I moved to the NEX 6s was for the video capacity. I see the new GR does excellent video—I may need to get one.

I will be really disappointed of Ricoh discontinues the GXR, I must say. With the external finder's capacity to angle up to 90 degrees, this was a workhorse for me for a while on the architecture side (teamed with the CV 12/5.6).

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Thorkil said:

Hi Kit, I think the fear is that it's going out of production....
I get it. I bought a brand new GXR today with the EVF; I am looking for an A12 28 module; I intend to shoot only square format with this, and want to post here again.

Regards to all, Kl

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, amazing!, can one be allowed to ask how did you do?
Thorkil
Thanks Thorkil, and everyone for the kind comments.

The sky was obliging and doing it's thing - the color version (below) didn't capture the fine complex structure (look like interference fringes?) - so I did it in monochrome using the Silver Efex "high contrast and detail" filter.

Keith

Thorkil

Thorkil said:

I get it. I bought a brand new GXR today with the EVF; I am looking for an A12 28 module; I intend to shoot only square format with this, and want to post here again.

Regards to all, Kl
the 28mm is very good I think, and somewhat underrated, and AF is precise and quick.
Thorkil
(consider the 24-85 module seriously, can get it rather cheap now, plus an extra GXR-house for just 35$ extra)

sinwen

To Michiel

You have this GRX and a DPM, lucky man !

Just for fun of talking, let say Ricoh comes up with a 20Mp M mount camera, do you think the DPM would still have a game to play ?

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: To Michiel

You have this GRX and a DPM, lucky man !

Just for fun of talking, let say Ricoh comes up with a 20Mp M mount camera, do you think the DPM would still have a game to play ?
Probably yes. Even more so when a FF Foveon sensor hits the streets.
But I would welcome and buy a new Ricoh FF module with a new body with more buffer and an EVF.