The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

scho

Nice to see that others are still using and producing beautiful images with the GXR. I just bought another GXR, after selling my first one a couple of years ago. Still looking around for a VF-2 EVF if anyone has one to sell or knows where I can find one for sale please let me know.

A few recent shots with the GXR and various lenses.

Contax G 28mm f/2.8 Biogon (M mount)

Contax 45mm f/2.8 Tessar (C/Y)

Canon 50mm f/1.2L

Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 ASPH Ultron

Godfrey

Nice stuff, Carl.

Yeah, they're great cameras. How are you liking the Voigtländer 21/1.8? That's been tickling my "buy button" reflex of late.

G

scho

Nice stuff, Carl.

Yeah, they're great cameras. How are you liking the Voigtländer 21/1.8? That's been tickling my "buy button" reflex of late.

G
Thanks Godfrey. The CV 21 Ultron is really nice. Very sharp across the frame with minimal distortion. I use it often on the M9 and just recently tried it on the GXR and it seems to perform quite well. A relatively large and heavy lens, but otherwise no complaints.

Godfrey

Surface Textures

Thank you, Carl. Somehow, I think your testimonial for the Ultron 21 is going to cost me money... :-|

Oh well, another photo with the ancient Tessar:

Ricoh GXR-M + Zeiss Tessar 38mm f/2.8
(1938 RoBoT lens, uncoated)
ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/500 sec

It really is a very fine lens! RoBoT pulled no punches in selecting equipment for their cameras...

Enjoy! Comments always appreciated.

G

scho

Re: Surface Textures

Thank you, Carl. Somehow, I think your testimonial for the Ultron 21 is going to cost me money... :-|

Oh well, another photo with the ancient Tessar:

ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/500 sec
[/CENTER]

It really is a very fine lens! RoBoT pulled no punches in selecting equipment for their cameras...

Enjoy! Comments always appreciated.

G
That old Tessar really does it all, from dreamy soft portraits to crisp architecture. Very nice indeed. First lens I owned on an old Praktica was a Tessar.

Godfrey

Fascinating out of focus rendering! Never seen anything quite like that. Can't way whether it's good or bad, just very different.

G

Godfrey

Taken on WPPD, late April:

Ricoh GXR-M + Skink Zone Plate f/47
ISO 1407 @ f/47 @ 1/60 s, 24mm

thanks for looking. comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

scho

One more from last weekend's series at the arboretum. Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 Ultron, two handheld shots stitched.

scho

A four shot pano taken with the Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 Ultron on the GXR.

Vineyard on east shore of Seneca Lake in central New York.

scho

A couple taken today with the little Contax 45mm f/2.8 Contax Tessar pancake lens on the GXR. Very sharp when stopped down, but corners can be a little soft at wider aperture openings.

Thorkil

Re: Mother and Son

So nice to have a few minutes to work on some photos!

ISO 336 @ f/2.8 @ 1/30 sec
weird special and interesting effect! done anything special?
Thorkil

Godfrey

weird special and interesting effect! done anything special?
Thorkil
Thanks!

Didn't do anything special. The child was fooling around with his arms in his shirt, Mom was getting exasperated ... I was snapping photos. ;-)

G

Thorkil

Thanks!

Didn't do anything special. The child was fooling around with his arms in his shirt, Mom was getting exasperated ... I was snapping photos. ;-)

G
:) Yes, but around his face, and in it too, there is some special effect, which perhaps is just that marvelous ancient look that this old lense are able to provide....
Thorkil