The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Michiel Schierbeek

The " Uitmarkt " gives previews of the upcoming season activitys of Theater, music, ballet and publishers every year in the first weekend of september.

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

For all the photo's today I used hyperfocal distance. It is well marked on the 25 Biogon and I just snapped away although some people were to close to be sharp.

Michiel Schierbeek

How is it "marked", given that it changes with aperture?

Or does that lens have the old Zeiss sliding ears?

- Leigh
May be I explained wrongly or used the wrong term but I use the red stripe mark (big yellow circle) and put the aperture mark on the aperture stripe (small yellow circle) and put the distance scale on infinity and fire away.
So in fact I don't touch the aperture ring or distance scale no more, just leave it that way.

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, the colours and the intensity from the GXR are strong
thorkil
Hi thorkil, I have not used the GXR with M module for along time and may be I lost the touch processing these files and is my processing a bit to fierce. I must say this Zeiss lens is already very contrasty on its own and may be I added to much extra contrast and overdid the saturisation also. I will try it a bit differently with some new snaps from today.

(Another one from yesterday)

Leigh

... I use the red stripe mark (big yellow circle)
The red index line between the 4 and 8 to the right of the focus index is the infrared focus index.

If you're shooting infrared film, you focus normally, then move the focus scale point that's above the regular index triangle to be above the red index mark, so your subject is in focus.

- Leigh

Michiel Schierbeek

Actually it is of course not coincidental at all and according to the DOF scale everything was in focus from 4 meters.
Freshed up my vaque memory about the use of the DOF scale on the lensbarrel. How I came about using that infrared mark is a riddle to me.

Godfrey

Nice to see some shooting with the GXR again, Michiel.
Excellent work as always!

There are just too many fine cameras in the closet these days. I haven't touched my GXR for a long long time. I should probably get off my butt and sell it; the M9, E-M1, and A7 have pretty much taken over for all my digital shooting.

Michiel Schierbeek

Ah Godfrey, thank you!
It is actually because I don't have any other camera at the moment. My A7r is now already more then 3 weeks under reparation at Sony's service center. My EVF didn't work anymore.
The Ricoh files are still great though.