The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Steve P.

I really need to use my GXR more. It's such a discreet camera for the street.

Soho, London, GXR-M with 25mm f2.8 ZM biogon

Covent Garden, GXR-M with 50mm ZM c-sonnar

Although sometimes it's nice when your subject holds still!

GXR-M with 50mm ZM c-sonnar

pthompson

So nice to see this thread revive, if only shortly! Seeing these images again reinforces my love for this little camera - and my sadness over the decision to discontinue it. I am currently having a gallery exhibition which consists primarily of large (20" x 32") images from my Leica M8 and M9...but it also includes four GXR images. Not one person has noticed that there is any difference - and no loss of quality - in the GXR images!

GXR A12 module:

scho

Just re-processed some of my old GXR files from 2013. I really loved this camera and was disappointed that it was dropped and never updated. I may drag it out of the closet and see if it can still produce some nice, fresh images.

Wine cellar doors, Contax G 28/2.8 Biogon

Clouds and bridge light, Contax Zeiss 28/2.8 Distagon

Civil war cemetery with new stone markers, Contax Zeiss 45/2.8 Tessar.

Godfrey

Just re-processed some of my old GXR files from 2013. I really loved this camera and was disappointed that it was dropped and never updated. I may drag it out of the closet and see if it can still produce some nice, fresh images.
Lovely photos, Carl!

The GXR was a fantastic concept executed very nicely, but it was both complex and expensive, and that made it difficult to explain to most folks why it was worth the extra money ... never mind the costs of doing upgrades in firmware and/or hardware. I really liked it too and was saddened when they discontinued it. It remains the single camera that was MOST compatible with all my M-mount lenses, including some of the Voigtländer Color Skopars that don't play well with most of Leica's sensors.

I sold all my GXR kit some years ago now; the only lens I bought for it specifically that I still have is the Color Skopar 28mm f/3.5. I just can't bring myself to hold onto good equipment once I stop using it ...

G

scho

Resurrected GXR (actually a refurb with new A12 mount module that I found on eBay). Forgot that I gave my 2013 model to my daughter. Nevertheless, it still renders beautifully just as I remembered. First test with my old Contax 25/2.8 Distagon. Excuse the moire that I didn't clean up.