The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Got my E420 and 25 2.8

clay stewart

I finally got this yesterday. B and H still has them in stock, if anyone is looking. After getting the E330 a couple of months ago, I really just wanted the pancake lens, but it just didn't seem to be available, so when I saw the 420 kit with it I just couldn't resist.

So, after a day with it, I'm impressed. The lens is very sharp and contrasty wide open, on both the E330 and E420.

The 420 is really growing me, with the pancake. The new live view seems better than the 410, not as good as the 330, but still useful. I liked this set up so much, that I decided to put up my D300 for sale and put a few more eggs in the Oly basket.

Here's a few shots: The first two are wide open and the last at 5.6

Last edited:

clay stewart

I forgot to mention that these are jpegs. No Camera Raw support for E420 files yet. I haven't tried the oly software. I may give it a try. I can convert the jpegs to DNG files, I guess if I really like the image. One thing I noticed, is that these files don't seem to degrade to badly when you open them up in Camera Raw as jpegs and manipulate them. I may just do that, until Adobe releases an update for the 420.

helenhill

congrats Clay!!
Great first shots

I too now am an OLY Fan
love the overall sense of Color & the kodak sensor on the E1
Cheers! H :D