The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - case options

Godfrey

A question came up on DPR that I think some GetDPI GXR folks might want to know about.

> Does anyone here know where I can find one of these black Hakuba leather cases for the GXR (A12 50mm) here in the US?
>
> http://www.hakubaphoto.jp/products/detail/0101110071

Turns out Hakuba (now represented in the USA by ToCAD) isn't going to distribute this case here.

Another fellow on the thread bought an alternative and nice looking "half case", hand-made leather in the traditional style, from Japan Exposures:

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=384

It's a little expensive and a different style, a more traditional half-case that requires camera removal from the case to get access to the battery and card.

So I wrote Dirk at Japan Exposures ... He's added the Hakuba leather case and leather neck straps for the GXR to his product offerings:

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=489

There are three models of the case to fit the A12, S10 and P10 camera units. Be sure to order the right one for your needs. Current conversion rate from Yen to Dollar puts the case' price at about $106. Dirk estimated that he can obtain stock to ship within 1-3 days of receiving an order, and estimated about $20 express shipping to the USA (you can select shipping service options on his check out page).

Ricoh also offers a leather soft case with strap (SC-65B) and case cover (SC65A) ... popflash.com and B&H Photo both carry them. Combined price of both of these parts is about $110.

I've got the excellent Ricoh ST-3 neck strap already so I think this "working" Hakuba leather case will be better for my needs. It's nice to have a couple of options ...

enjoy!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for this, Godfrey.

I have the Ricoh case and strap that you mention. It's a quality product but only comes in tan, and you have to undress the Ricoh to change cards and battery.
I really like the looks of the "body jacket", so I'll get a black one from Japan Exposures. The GXR can wear black in the week and I'll dress it up in tan for Sundays :rolleyes:

Keith

Godfrey

Thanks for this, Godfrey.

I have the Ricoh case and strap that you mention. It's a quality product but only comes in tan, and you have to undress the Ricoh to change cards and battery.
I really like the looks of the "body jacket", so I'll get a black one from Japan Exposures. The GXR can wear black in the week and I'll dress it up in tan for Sundays
You're welcome.

I hope this turns into a few sales for Dirk ... he was very accommodating to my request and added it to his website in less than 12 hours. Seems a good person looking to do good business.

Getting good accessories lined up for our tiny community of Ricoh GXR users is fun ...
:)