The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Samsung NX200

Owen_Coors

Thanks for posting this info, Roel. This might be a viable option, if the "street price" is considerably lower than $899. I'll have to hunt up those online images that you mentioned :)

Owen

biglouis

The samples look very good and an improvement on previously NX cameras. Personally, I'm never going to buy another mirrorless camera without a viewfinder.

Terry

I'm starting to hit "lock in" on m4/3. They seem to have or soon will have all/most of my lens covered.

What I'm glad is that the mirrorless area is growing.

Lisa

The samples look very good and an improvement on previously NX cameras. Personally, I'm never going to buy another mirrorless camera without a viewfinder.
Louis, can you comment further on your second sentence? I've been looking for an acceptable alternative to my big Nikon now (to reduce the size and weight I'm carrying), but haven't found one right for me yet, and the NX200 looks promising. I'm accustomed to using a viewfinder however (and an optical one at that), and am concerned about whether I'd find a camera without one to be very usable for me. What problems did you have without a viewfinder?

Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa

Another question - does anyone know where one can find MTF charts for Samsung NX lenses? The Samsung site pages on their lenses (at least the ones I've found) don't include them, and a google search turns up nothing. Does Samsung not publish them? Do any reviewers publish them?

Lisa