Site Sponsors

Thread: GXR m-mount sensor . . .

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GXR m-mount sensor . . .

Michael Reichmann does a preliminary review of the Sony 7n in today's Luminous Landscape and states that its sensor does not have special provision in the edge micro lenses to handle wide angle rangefinder lenses (as in the GXR m-mount). He shows images to demonstrate that.
    He says "Parenthetically, I will be testing the Ricoh GXR Mount A12 for myself in a couple of weeks, and will report then on how the Summilux and other Leica lenses perform on a sensor that does have the correct micro-lens design."

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GXR m-mount sensor . . .

Very interesting, he says he has to redo the test as he may have missed focus on the Sony.

What I haven't been able to fathom out (with the GXR Mount A12) is whether having the offset micro lenses tuned for rangefinder lenses will affect the quality of regular SLR lenses fitted with an adaptor. I don't have my Canon FD adaptor yet to try out my FD lenses.
    David Anderson

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Braeside View Post
    Very interesting, he says he has to redo the test as he may have missed focus on the Sony.

What I haven't been able to fathom out (with the GXR Mount A12) is whether having the offset micro lenses tuned for rangefinder lenses will affect the quality of regular SLR lenses fitted with an adaptor. I don't have my Canon FD adaptor yet to try out my FD lenses.
    That is indeed an interesting question I am very curious about. If they work well it would count for other brand lenses too, I hope.

BTW Thanks for your pioneer pictures with the M-module, together with Uwe.

Michiel

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think the answer may already be out there. Isn't the Leica digital rangefinder the only camera with "tuned" cells at the extremities of the sensor. I have seen no comments about the ability of the M8, or M9 to handle images from the whole lens range, from ultra wide to short tele? No news must be good news

Keith