The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma/Foveon picture thread...

W

Wozza604

dirojas, thanks for the link! The manual focus looks MUCH better than the X100's, but I'll miss the wheel as well. There's no pop-up flash either, but I never used the one on my DP2 anyways.

Why is it that when Fuji, Nikon, Canon or anybody else announce a new camera it's available for pre-order the same day on Amazon, Adorama, etc. but never with Sigma? I can't even find a M.S.R.P.! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these!

dirojas

Nice view at your office window. Wonderful shades in the picture.

Here is a couple recent pictures of my DP2... Just to keep this thread alive while waiting for the Merrill series. Regards

da_eltsch

GAS ... has finally taken its toll ... the SD1 Merrill found its way to me :cool:

Just a few steps out of the door I captured this "hibiscus" with the 24-70mm 2.8 ... it shows some "hyperactive" bokeh :shocked:

View attachment 62034

Regards,
Helge

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The DP2 Merrill seems to hold up well with conversion to BW:

Train House Porch

Chair and Throw

Bob

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thank you Helge,

The ergonomics of use are well thought out...may become my favorite carry camera.

Regards,

Bob

Quentin_Bargate

Looks wonderful, Bob.

Where can I get one?

Keith
In the UK, they are still scarce. Clifton Cameras has a few, I believe. Elsewhere (in the UK) they are still waiting list items.

I have just ordered one from Clifton Camera. Given I already have a NEX-7, and a RX100, this may seem a tad mad :D but some - just some - of the sample shots I have seen full-size give me cause to beleve it may be capable of outstanding results if handled correctly.

Moreover, if used to capture several images in portait orientation, that might yield a bigger than 30mp stitched file (from, say, 3 shots). That is a 30mp foveon-based image. Now the standard lens focal length of the DP2 Merrill is ideal for stitched images, so I am hopeful I can get great results this way.

Time will tell...:cool:

Quentin