The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR-M compared to NEX 7 - Steve Huff

scho

Saw this posted on DPR and thought others here might be interested:

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/10/28/sony-nex-7-with-wide-angle-leica-lenses-a-quick-test-and-gxr-comparison/

His sample photos comparing output from the GXR-M and NEX 7 look very similar to the comparison I made using my GXR-M and my friend's NEX 5 with the CV Skopar 21mm f/4 in terms of the color shifting difference, but the GXR-M color-shifts with the Skopar 21mm less.

enjoy!
Yes, I saw this and was quite surprised by the NEX7 performance. His finding that the NEX-5N exhibits little to no color shift agrees with my observations using the 5N with CV wide lenses. I do see some cyan vignetting with the GXR-M and my CV wides, but nothing like the heavy magenta casts that the NEX7 produces.