The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new Ricoh GRD IV!

ramosa

All,

I have had just one camera (a Leica M8) for about four years. Recently, I added the new Ricoh GRD IV. In fact, it arrived just yesterday. I think I'm really going to enjoy it, using it as the camera I can take anywhere when I'm not up to toting my RF, bag, and several lenses.

My first two thoughts? It's really well built and significantly smaller than I expected. Very good on both accounts.

I am reading up on how to use the settings and such--and am open to any recommendations. Also, on my M8, I use a Giotto screen protector, simply to lessen the chances of scratching the LCD screen. Is anyone using one on a Ricoh GRD? I saw one here:

http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd-Digita...PEEM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324677656&sr=8-3

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

R

L

Landshark

I have used screen protectors on number of different cameras but never on my GRDs (I,II,II,IV)because their screen is recessed, On my fourth one never had a scratch