The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can the in-camera flash trigger the GF-1?

DReilly

Kit,
yes, it can. I had the GXR and GF1 and it works, though you have to make sure the flash's "eye" can see the popup...I also had to soften the popup flash with a paper towel so it would case enough light to trigger the gf1 but not yield an image that looked like I was using an on camera flash!
doug

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
And I found exactly the same thing on a shoot last week and forgot to post here. I used a business card to block the on-camer flash from adding to the scene, and the benefit was that even 1/8th power was enough to trigger the studio strobe. I did order the GF-1 last week, hoping that it would, but it's great to have that conformed. Thanks!

DReilly

I bought a Nikon SB-30 off ebay last week, and the GXR flash will trigger that, too, when it's on manual remote mode and the GXR is on manual flash (no pre-flash). Second curtain sync, too. No ttl off-camera, but I don't think the GF-1 does TTL off camera, either.
Doug