Site Sponsors

Thread: Can the in-camera flash trigger the GF-1?

Post Thanks / Like

Can the in-camera flash trigger the GF-1?

Some research suggests it can, but can anyone confirm? This would be perfect for table-top work. TIA, kl

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can the in-camera flash trigger the GF-1?

Kit,
    yes, it can. I had the GXR and GF1 and it works, though you have to make sure the flash's "eye" can see the popup...I also had to soften the popup flash with a paper towel so it would case enough light to trigger the gf1 but not yield an image that looked like I was using an on camera flash!
    doug

Post Thanks / Like

And I found exactly the same thing on a shoot last week and forgot to post here. I used a business card to block the on-camer flash from adding to the scene, and the benefit was that even 1/8th power was enough to trigger the studio strobe. I did order the GF-1 last week, hoping that it would, but it's great to have that conformed. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Nikon SB-30 off ebay last week, and the GXR flash will trigger that, too, when it's on manual remote mode and the GXR is on manual flash (no pre-flash). Second curtain sync, too. No ttl off-camera, but I don't think the GF-1 does TTL off camera, either.
    Doug