The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma Dp2 announcement tomorrow (pic)

Terry

But at f2.8, wouldn't you rather get the Oly m4/3 next year and the same focal length at f1.7 (with Panny lens)? You get 1.5 stops on lens and then presumably at least another stop or two in ISO performance assuming Panny's & Sigma's sensors get better by the same amount.

Lili

But at f2.8, wouldn't you rather get the Oly m4/3 next year and the same focal length at f1.7 (with Panny lens)? You get 1.5 stops on lens and then presumably at least another stop or two in ISO performance assuming Panny's & Sigma's sensors get better by the same amount.

Terry, excellent point.
However, the Sigma might just be available far sooner however.
And that would soo rock ;)

A

asabet

The DP1 has noticeably more dynamic range than the E-420. In black and white, the DP1 also offers significantly more usable high ISO range than the E-420, with the reverse true for color. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the DP2 proves to be the better black and white camera, at least from an sensor image quality standpoint. Then there's the lens characteristics to consider, which aside from speed are unknown for both lenses.

N

nei1

:thumbup::lecture::clap::clap::clap::bugeyes::eek::thumbs::thumbs::cool:

naoip

Announced

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0809/08092305sigma_dp2.asp

I read on another sites comments,that Sigma once had 2 film camera,the first had a zoom of 28-50 the second 50-100...
Their sure Sigma's plan is to cover their old film cameras zoom,but with 3 seperate digital cameras.

They fully expects a Sigma Dp3 to be released later at around 105mm...

Last edited:

naoip

It will be interesting to see how this pans out between the Oly and Dp1 & 2..

At first glance the Oly seems more convenient,carrying one body and a few lens, over carrying 2 or 3 cameras...

Early days but nothing from Ricoh yet,i have a certain amount of brand loyalty to them..

Lili

Actually I am more stoked about the DP2 than I am about the Panny G1 or even the yet to be finalized Olympus M4/3.
If the operational speed had been increased, even with same LCD it will rock :)

cam

Actually I am more stoked about the DP2 than I am about the Panny G1 or even the yet to be finalized Olympus M4/3.
If the operational speed had been increased, even with same LCD it will rock :)
noooooooo, the LCD on the DP1 truly truly sucks. and if they haven't changed the way it operates... the DP1 is my least used camera because i just hate shooting with it. i seriously have to force myself to use it. granted, f/2.8 would have made it better, but still...

then i see the pictures i've taken and wonder why i don't use it more often :banghead:

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
As a 40mm-e afficionado, this is just great. First the 20/1.7 for the Panasonic G1. Now this 41mm-e model from Sigma. I suspect Olympus will (unfortunately) offer a 25mm prime as their m4/3 "normal" lens but, like a couple of members, I'm waiting to see what Ricoh announces.

Brian Mosley

Cam, I could have written exactly the same message... I get guilty pangs that I'm not using my DP1 more often, but I'm just having so much more fun shooting with my E-420.

From this Saturday - Open House London Safari Event.

E-420 + PL 14-150 OIS (EFL 28-300)... so lightweight and compact, carried on a BlackRapid R-Strap.

I just love that Oly colour!

Kind Regards

Brian

N

nei1

This is such good news,maybe the lcd is better,maybe not,really not important to me.If its a little faster thats got to be good.I would have liked a bit of sealing as I take a lot of photos by the sea(is it that hard or expensive to do?)but Ill be buying one anyway, all the best,Neil.

helenhill

Well I think this is TRES TRES Cooool
Even though I did sell both my GRD2 and my DP1....:(
I missed the DP1 most
yet my BEST pictures were with the GRD2 /a FANTASTIC camera really
Figure That
there is something Special about the DP1 /now 2 possibly

For me its was too easy on the GRD1& 2 ...
You could be Blind and take a great shot

The DP1 you need to think more & Outsmart dome of its Flaws
Maybe the DP2 will have some of those kinks ironed out

Ohhh lala!!:D:):thumbs:
best-H

Will

I wonder if anyone would be capable of fitting one to a DP1? Would be an interesting experiment.