The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A portrait lens for 4/3... at last

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sigma is launching their 50mm f/1.4 in 4/3 mount. To me, that means filling one of the most obvious holes in the 4/3 lens range.

Although the Zuiko 50mm f/2.0 macro isn't bad for portraits, its long focus throw and lack of focus limiter, makes it slow to use sometimes. Another improvement is obviously the fact that the Sigma is one stop faster. If it works well with a TC, even more possibilities open up.

Good :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Come on! With a 77mm filter thread? For the micro 4/3rds?:eek:
No, no... for the normal, old fashioned 4/3. If it's good, I don't care about the size of the front element. It's not likely to become my standard travel lens anyway.

Olympus is launching a new body in the traditional range in Köln btw. Something in between the E-520 and the E-3. That might just be the travel camera that I've been waiting for. Just hope that it has the E-3 viewfinder.

V

Vivek

Oh, I did overlook that! :eek:

The "regular" 4/3rds look like history to me already? :shocked:

Still it is a bit too big, IMO.