Site Sponsors

Thread: "15 MP Sigma DP2"

Post Thanks / Like

"15 MP Sigma DP2"

Well Sigma, darn. Very interested to see how it does.

Sigma DP series reinvented as DP1M and DP2M with 15MPx3 sensor from SD1: Digital Photography Review

- Ricardo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "15 MP Sigma DP2"

Quote Originally Posted by raist3d View Post
    WOW! I'm not waiting to see how it does. I'll preorder the DP2 Merrill as I was always a fan of the Foveon sensor rendering.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Haha - I can see the wheels spinning in Ricardo's head. These do look interesting. I now also need to check out DPReview and see what the mood is with the revised name and pricing on the SD1.

Post Thanks / Like

I love both the new models. I already have a DP2 and it is a wonderful camera for a small niche of photo applications, which happen to coincide to what I like to photograph... .

One caveat, where did it go the manual focusing wheel with scale?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the new DP2M looks very interesting to me, too

Post Thanks / Like

When SD-1 came out, I asked myself - "how soon will Sigma have this sensor in DP body?" Well, I guess there it is. But, as always, Sigma is little behind the schedule. Suddenly their 15x3 doesn't sound that stupendous, and lack of support from Apples' Aperture for Sigma RAW makes me look the other way. On the other hand, it is nice to see an alternative to Bayer sensors. Also, I wonder if camera makers that abandon SLR design could fit 3 CCDs inside the body just like video camera makers? With mirror not there, there is suddenly more space to work with.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Interesting camera, particularly the 28mm eqv., and I don't have a pocket camera. Is this what I've been waiting for

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a DP1 and provided me the best organic look Ive ever gotten from ANY camera (yes, either you love foveon or you hate it). I absolutely adore the foveon sensor, but once the micro 4/3 and the NEX system hit the market the compromise of using the DP1 was just too much (extremely slow AF, poor high iso performance, poor lcd, slow file processing, etc). I keep dreaming though that one day Sigma will come up with a mirrorless foveon camera. THIS will be a keeper.
    Im very interested in seeing how these new DP cameras fare against todays tough competition though.