The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Upgrade your lensor sensor to 16mp?

DReilly

Wow, this thread really took off, and I didn't look at for several days. I got the same answer from Cristian Sorega, who asked a Ricoh contact about the sensor upgrade. I figured it was a mistake but Ricoh's kinda kooky, so I thought, well, just maybe.

The reason I would look forward to an A16 module, for example, is that I actually shoot in candlelight sometimes (restaurants) and those scenes sometimes include some faster motion (waitstaff) and in those situations I can't have high enough ISO. It's a relatively small niche of photography, but it's mine. If it was the Sony sensor used in the D7000, Nex 5N, Sony A580, Pentax K5, etc, I'd be very pleased. It's a great sensor just as the 12 megapixel one Ricoh is using is a great sensor (same I believe as the D300, A700, D90, etc?)

Has anyone heard definitively (or just conjecturally) if the 16 megapixel sensor in the upcoming zoom unit is a Sony chip or an Aptina?