Site Sponsors

Thread: Ricoh GXR - Another Nikon Lens

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Ricoh GXR - Another Nikon Lens

Seems I've gotten into the Nikon macro lens collecting business. I'd already acquired a Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5 and Micro-Nikkor 200/4.

Three weeks ago, my uncle gave me a Tamron 28-300 and Nikon 28-105. The 28-105 seems a very nice lens, the Tamron seems ok too, but I don't know when I'd ever use them. This past Thursday, a friend of mine showed me the Nikon D100 he's gotten from his brother, fitted with a Nikon 105/2.8AF-D macro lens. He needs a more general purpose lens ... we traded my two zooms for his macro.

So now I've got a complete set of Nikon macros. They'll work on the GXR, the Oly E-1, and the Nikon F (that's still coming). They'll also work on the N80 and (two of them) on the Pronea S bodies that my uncle gave me.

Never mind the M9 and SX-70, and the M-bayonet lenses, and the FourThirds lenses I still have. I sure didn't plan this well a year ago. I was looking for some simplifications with the GXR. Now I have eight cameras (ten if you count the A12 28 and 50 as independent cameras!) instead of three and almost two dozen lenses. Sheesh. =8^0

Maybe I'll put the 105 on the E-1 and see what I see on this morning's walk.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ricoh GXR - Another Nikon Lens

nice, I too am a bit of a fan of macro lens, especially for taking small bugs and insects. I have Tamron 90mm 2.8 which can do 1:1 just like your 105mm nikkor, oly 50mm f3.5 which does 1/2 life size and lastly beleive it or not I got voigtlander 15mm 4.5 with helicoid adapter for sony nex which I can focus as close 2 inches from a subject giving 1/4 life size. Who says wide angle lens can't be macros eh.

Happy macro capturing, look forward to seeing some images here

rsgl

May I as what's the recommended Nikon lens--M mount adaptor?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsgl View Post
    May I as what's the recommended Nikon lens--M mount adaptor?
    I have two: a Kipon and a Rayqual. They both work fine, but the Rayqual is a better fit and finish ... and comes with a nice quality Leica M-mount back cap. That's an extra cost item on the Kipon.

The Rayqual fits my AI-S and AF series lenses better; the Kipon fits the pre-AI series lenses better.

No definitive answer, eh?

rsgl

Thanks Godfrey. I have several Leica lenses for my GXR, but also have a few AI Nikon lenses I'd like to try. I'll look at the Rayqual.

Do you have several adaptors and dedicate one to each lens, or does the adaptor stay on the M mount with the lenses going on and off the adaptor?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rsgl View Post
    Thanks Godfrey. I have several Leica lenses for my GXR, but also have a few AI Nikon lenses I'd like to try. I'll look at the Rayqual.

Do you have several adaptors and dedicate one to each lens, or does the adaptor stay on the M mount with the lenses going on and off the adaptor?
    I have the two, and I have five Nikkor lenses, so I pick whichever one fits the lens I'm going to use best and fit that when I'm going to use it. I don't often carry more then one lens at a time on a given shooting session so it doesn't make much difference whether I have one or many adapters.