The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GXR Firmware Update 1.50

Godfrey

MF = Manual Focus.
I'm told the camera uses the jpeg for focus detail and magnification amongst other things like B&W etc.
Ah.

The JPEGs are used when reviewing images for max magnification, not for focusing assist detail.

And you cannot use image processing modes that apply to JPEG output when you're storing only raw files. That makes sense to me ..

MF = Manual Focus.
I'm told the camera uses the jpeg for focus detail and magnification amongst other things like B&W etc.
I didn't notice any difference in the MF by disabling the jpeg registration, quality of the focus peaking and of the magnification seem to be the same.

Braeside

Where do we submit bug reports to please?
If you guys have done it I might as well add mine in the hope they pay attention to more votes.

Godfrey

Ricoh USA have a web-based contact mechanism for filing comments, bugs, etc, somewhere on the website. I found it after a bit of hunting around, but I forgot to put the link in my notes.

G