The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Something Different with the A900

jonoslack

HI There
I'm still playing . . . and still enjoying: here are a few shots from today.

PETS

NATURE

FAMILY (including Charlie)
All with 50mm f1.4 shot at f1.4

No Entry

jonoslack

And another crop:

taken with the 70-300 G Sony lens
and here is the 100% crop

It really isn't shabby!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jono,
Is it perhaps fairly high local contrast (to be technical about it)?
thanks
-bob

Terry

Glad you are enjoying and even happier that you don't have to struggle with color. You are a camera shop owners dream....

jonoslack

Glad you are enjoying and even happier that you don't have to struggle with color. You are a camera shop owners dream....
Compared to the guys in the MF forum . . . . I'm not even interesting!

The colour certainly seems to be good though.

bradhusick

Bob, you might be right, but I was referring to the barcode label with the dew on it. There's something over-processed about it.

jonoslack

Bob, you might be right, but I was referring to the barcode label with the dew on it. There's something over-processed about it.
Hi There Brad

As Bob said - it IS plastic (and so is the bar code label).

I have done a little sharpening (no noise reduction though, and it's turned off in camera as well).

Certainly, plasticky is the last thing I'd use to describe the files. Do you feel the same about the crops in the other threads?

V

Vivek

Jono, I don't see any plasticky look. I do see Nikon cam prices taking a nosedive. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

DavidL

So maybe it will be a contender
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2370
Hi Jono
Must confess the name Zeiss T* brings back fond memories from my Contax 137MA, RTS 11 days. So if I need to go full frame the Sony with the 24-70 and 135 f1.8 have to be a good option. I'm not a "Wide" boy, despite what some say but the Zeiss is on the way and there is some good old minolta stuff out there If I needed it.
I might be stepping into realm of portraits and the 135 would be great. I usually shoot portraits around 200mm in full frame terms so full frame on Nikon only has the 200 f2 with VR. That's too big and expensive for the job. Currently the 70-200 on a D300 is what I use but I'd like a fixed focal length and the Sony has the advantage Image stabilisation built in, if I need it. Actually I do these days. Nikon do have the 135 f2 DC but that's not VR and is a screw driven lens. Also that extra defocus issue would only confuse me. You'll be surprised to hear the last portrait shoot I did I ended up drinking red wine until 2 in the morning and had to stay over. So confusion is to be avoided, along with the red wine I guess.
I can tell your model is getting fed up with you. "All I want is a walk and a swim and he's got another dam camera he's trying out on me." Think I saw the cat on your site but she gets little exposure, except when I'm around.
Our cat has nicked my new Tibetan shirt as a bed and I can't have it back.
I know your not a "Flash" kind of guy but have you any idea how the Sony flash system is?
All the best
Dave

Last edited:

bradhusick

Hi There Brad

As Bob said - it IS plastic (and so is the bar code label).

I have done a little sharpening (no noise reduction though, and it's turned off in camera as well).

Certainly, plasticky is the last thing I'd use to describe the files. Do you feel the same about the crops in the other threads?
Hi Jono,
I think the A900 is the bargain of the decade. Very impressive.
-Brad

Lili

jonoslack, love them all, but the sshot of the water...it looks so very WET, excellent image :)

A

asabet

Jono, these are wonderful. I especially like the first two of your dog as well as the portraits with the 50/1.4. Excellent stuff!