The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun pictures with Oly, Sony, Sigma, Pentax and all the Others

helenhill

Simply Adore your last shot CAM
the gracefulness of the hand coupled with the cigarette & smoke is so alluring
and the background falloff is DIVNE

I'm a 50's mm gal , the Intimacy & View is PURRfect
Love my 62 Lux & DR Cron
but you make me lust for another 50.... the c sonnar

cam

you have beautiful 50's, helen, but i agree that the Sonnar is special. you can even see it's character shine on the G1 thread (and very few lenses strut there stuff on it). the Sonnar shows a different character at every aperture, to an extent i've not seen on any other lens. many are one-note johnnys, albeit their notes are exquisite. the Sonnar, instead, gives you an aria in itself.

i would not replace the two you have -- they're gorgeous! this would be an "in addition to" lens. i think you deserve it as a belated birthday present!!!

jonoslack

for you, Jono, two little ones from the Sonnar you conned me into getting ;)
Now then THEY say something about their lens. I especially love the second one.
And I quite agree with your comments to Helen - it's a spiffing lens, at least three lenses in one, and it's so small and neat as well. I've had 5 50's over the last year or so, this is now the only one left, I love it!

My 28 'cron just arrived . . . I ordered it at 4.30 last night, and they said they couldn't get it out until today . . . my wife found it in our garage this morning, in a dented outer box . .. but the inside all seems okay, I long to play but have to work :(

cam

Helen -- did you go for the Sonnar in the classifieds? did i inspire you to throw frugality out the window and go mad?

i know i kind of did that to Jono! :ROTFL: i'm a bad influence :p

Jono, don't know if you've found the magic of your Cron yet. it's much more subtle that your 75 because of the focal length.... feels better, non? smooth in both operation and draw, yet plenty sharp. it really shines in the dark as well, something very few people would think to try.... may i recommend locking yourself in a closet for a few hours?

otumay

Here are a few shots taken with my beloved Kodak SLR/n + Sigma 24-135 lens along the upper Asian side of the Bosphorus. Although the lens is no big star, the dynamic range of the camera continues to impress me.
Best regards,
Osman

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
no, it doesn't. which is why i didn't put it in the thread that you and Guy so kindly responded to....

for you, Jono, two little ones from the Sonnar you conned me into getting ;)
Holy cow, I totally missed these. Both are terrific I think. The skin and textures are wonderful. Smooth and rough together. Smokin' hot!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
In the teeth of yesterday's storm. Maggie was looking longingly back at the house.
(Pentax Optio W60)

jonoslack

Jono, don't know if you've found the magic of your Cron yet. it's much more subtle that your 75 because of the focal length.... feels better, non? smooth in both operation and draw, yet plenty sharp. it really shines in the dark as well, something very few people would think to try.... may i recommend locking yourself in a closet for a few hours?
Oh Yes - I've found the magic . . . .but I'm not accepting any criticism of my lovely 75 'cron . . . if you think it's unsubtle, all I can say is that you haven't tried mine! . . . . and you know, having seen the goat picture, that I'm a master of subtlety :ROTFL:

Osman - I still miss my 14n - lovely colours, and, as you say, splendid dynamic range. When your's gets tired, you can replace it with it's modern equivalent, the Sony A900

Tim - that looks like winter (we nearly had one this year!).

Helen, that R-D1 shot of the pussy-willow (?) is lovely

otumay

This thread seems to be one of the most deserted places on Earth. Let's give it a hand with a few recent shots around old Istanbul. Kodak SLR/n with Nikkor 14-24/2.8.
Cheers,
Osman

Last edited:

cam

paris nights redoux

Epson R-D1, E58 Noctilux wide open -- one of the last shots before my shutter died.

viablex1

This thread seems to be one of the most deserted places on Earth. Let's give it a hand with a few recent shots around old Istanbul. Kodak SLR/n with Nikkor 14-24/2.8.
Cheers,
Osman
very cool looks abandoned!! any pics from the inside??

kweide

Lili, this catpic is great !! What is the cat looking at ?? The stars ??? Raindrops ??? Good smelling young birds ???