The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

retow

DP2M, SPP- Tiff to Aperture, with or without Color Efex Pro4. I just downloaded Color Efex Pro and the learning curve will be steep, but it looks like a great addition for the foveon files.

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
LOVE this last one of yours, Michiel. I will be processing some from a walk I did yesterday later this morning.

BTW, to all, I set the Auto ISO to 1600 for the gymnastics weekend workshop; some nice images but the gym uses fluorescent lights—and getting even halfway decent skin tones required +0.4 exposure, and so real fiddling to find a neutral grey that the SPP software could do a WB on. The camera sat on 1600, and the noise and colour blotching s reasonably well controlled. BW conversions perfectly useable, but the client needed colour.

Outside, daylight, different story. Images to come.

Agnius

Guys, you're killing me. I was soooo close in putting in an order ($150 discount) but after some soul searching decided to abstain. Next year new M might call my name, so I need to stay focused (haha). But those Sigma files are sooooo crisp.... Keep on shooting!

antara

Sending back the EPl-5 and bought the last DP-2 M at Adorama for the discount!
I'm excited. Hope the limitations aren't too discouraging. The beautiful photos on here with the sharpness, micro contrast and color tonality finally became too thrilling to resist. It seems I've always wanted to open a file in PS that looks like these.
Thanks for all your contributions.

Michiel Schierbeek

Good luck with it Antara! Hope to see some of your experiences.

Normally I would not Photograph these touristic Amsterdam icons but the light was just right.

Michiel

neilvan

Got my DP2M yesterday. It's bigger than I expected but that's about the only surprise. I have had a SD9, SD14 and DP1X so I am used to Sigma quirks.

Went out today and captured these...

biglouis

Haven't been into the thread in a few days.

Michiel, the Normandy shot is excellent. Even at web size the composition, colour and detail are wonderful. Good sky capture, as well.

Corposant: likewise, beautiful sky and backlighting of foreground subject.

Neil, third picture with the foreground grass is plain beautiful.

Great stuff

LouisB

G

G13RS

I have been using M43 equipment for some time now and after following this thread for quite some time I've decided to invest in the DP2M.

Here are a couple of shots I took this morning :cool: