The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

scho

A rare, sunny October day on the lake. DP2M on tripod. A couple of WB comparisons. AUTO WB in particular is usually way off and the presets are not always that accurate either.

Looking north from east shore of Cayuga at mouth of Salmon Creek. Preset "sunlight" WB in SPP.

FULL SIZE

One lonely kite surfer. Custom WB.

FULL SIZE

ggibson

Heheh, banding, cyan corners, magenta-green shadows... you could be describing any Sigma camera. I don't think of them as "problems," merely "characteristics." :D

Loving the DP2M shots, everyone.

Michiel Schierbeek

Two more from yesterday.

Just changed the settings in ACR of the color and temperature to the same levels, so the differences I saw in the asphalt and bricks on the steps are now a matter of different light and/or slightly different materials.

Last edited:

Amin

Have any of the Mac users here tried processing RAW files in Iridient's Raw Developer? I thought it was great with the non-Merrill DP cameras, and I noticed it now supports the SD1, which has the same sensor as the DP Merrill cameras, right? I'm wondering if they would be supported or maybe after changing the camera model to SD1 in EXIF.

scho

Have any of the Mac users here tried processing RAW files in Iridient's Raw Developer? I thought it was great with the non-Merrill DP cameras, and I noticed it now supports the SD1, which has the same sensor as the DP Merrill cameras, right? I'm wondering if they would be supported or maybe after changing the camera model to SD1 in EXIF.
Brian expects to release 2.0 soon (this month) which will have support for both the DP1M and DP2M. The current version (1.95) does not support these cameras.

biglouis

A couple of shots I have tried with various cameras over the years.

Burnt doors

Bethnal Green Tube Clock (nice example of LUL Art Deco)

You might want to try comparing it to this version (Leica M7, Summilux 35/1.4 ASPH, Kodak Portra 160) - I'm going to have to go back to double check which is the correct colour for the thin coloured tile.

SP5-->LR-->export to jpg

peterb

Louis, the DPM definitely has a slower lens. By an hour and 39 minutes.

Also prefer the color of the DPM

Nice shots!

scho

A couple of shots I have tried with various cameras over the years.
You might want to try comparing it to this version (Leica M7, Summilux 35/1.4 ASPH, Kodak Portra 160) - I'm going to have to go back to double check which is the correct colour for the thin coloured tile.

SP5-->LR-->export to jpg
Louis, Very nice shots. I like both versions of the clock - which has the correct color? The burnt doors is a nice subject, but when I look at the image I'm having trouble with focus on the doors (I'm having blurry vision eye problems at the moment from floaters, so probably just me). The razor wire and chain link fence above the doors appears sharp, but are the doors also in focus or not?