The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Quentin_Bargate

Ahhh...Louis....film!

I never shot much colour neg film but I used to have a darkroom for B&W and had medium and large format transparency film processed by Joe's Basement and Metro.

can't honesty say I miss it that much. I had a drum scanner at home and spent ages mounting and scanning film.

I prefer digital!

Quentin

biglouis

Ahhh...Louis....film!

I never shot much colour neg film but I used to have a darkroom for B&W and had medium and large format transparency film processed by Joe's Basement and Metro.

can't honesty say I miss it that much. I had a drum scanner at home and spent ages mounting and scanning film.

I prefer digital!

Quentin
Yes but for someone like me who is constantly concerned about the demise of film finding a camera which might just be as good is important.

LouisB

scho

An afternoon walk in the local park with the DP2M. Some sailors enjoying the nice fall day on the lake and two shots of a beautiful '52 Bentley parked near the pavilion for a park fundraiser celebration of the old silent film era at this site (Wharton Studios, early 1900's).

FULL SIZE

FULL SIZE

FULL SIZE

kuau

Workshop Member
It cleared up tonight here in Telluride.
Used a 3 stop Graduated ND filter.
Color is still a little "weird"

Steven

Rich M

Steven
Steven.......I'm looking at this on a MBA, so not a calibrated monitor, but it looks okay to me. What don't you like?

R

Rich M

A fairly high DR shot with the DP1M, caught the sun behind the steeple.

+1.7EC. -1.0 exposure in SPP with +0.8 fill

R

Thorkil

just a cheers from italy, to expres some joyfull enjoying of all your wonderful pictures, unfortunatly out in front of a library in some rainy weather with a very slow connection. Have to wait on full enjoyment till I get home. Do like your well done DP1M pictures Rich! I guess you are using the 1 more than the 2 now?
Thorkil

bbodine9

The photos from the DP2M are just fantastic but I am wondering if anyone has delved into the B&W world with it yet? Thanks!

jlm

Workshop Member
i made a successful shot with the dp1 in b&w, converting with sigma processor just choosing monochrome. in the dp1 thread, repeatd here:

Sho,
Am reading the letters and numbers on the sails of those sail boats in the distance, really something as nearly everyone is saying. This really is more than reality, some super reality as if we had binocular or telescopic vision!

bbodine9

i made a successful shot with the dp1 in b&w, converting with sigma processor just choosing monochrome. in the dp1 thread, repeatd here:
Fantastic conversion imho and the file quality continues to impress me. I like this B&W as much as any of the color I have seen and all done in SPP. I use the original DP1 myself but it cannot compete with this new lens/sensor combo. Great detail and tonal quality, thanks for sharing!

scho

Sho,
Am reading the letters and numbers on the sails of those sail boats in the distance, really something as nearly everyone is saying. This really is more than reality, some super reality as if we had binocular or telescopic vision!
I agree John, quite amazing little camera. The focus point in that image was at the end of the dock and the gull action, but it still grabbed quite a bit of detail within the available DOF.

scho

Fantastic conversion imho and the file quality continues to impress me. I like this B&W as much as any of the color I have seen and all done in SPP. I use the original DP1 myself but it cannot compete with this new lens/sensor combo. Great detail and tonal quality, thanks for sharing!
+1 Very nice B&W conversion.

biglouis

Steven

Steven, I'd really like to see a link to the original file to see if that is as good as it looks.

I just received back a 30x20inch print of this landscape I took with the DP2M and the detail is incredible. I expect that your shot would be similar.

LouisB