The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Rand47

Same rocks also at strong overcast:

I think this processing is less harsh?
Your light is much more diffuse and misty/foggy AND my vision for the look for this image was much more aggressive! :)

I admire your work so I'll take our similar eye for the composition as a compliment. ;)

ustein

Contributing Editor
>my vision for the look for this image was much more aggressive!

Yes.

>I admire your work

Thanks.

biglouis

larkis

Those are all excellent. I detect that they are well thought out and composed. Lovely colours and depth of field.

Excellent article, as well.

LouisB

Last edited:

Irenaeus

Thank you, Dominik, both for the pictures and for the essay.

Your photographs are well seen and lovely; your essay well observed, well thought out and well written! I learned from them both and look forward to more from you in the future.

With admiration and best wishes,

Irenaeus

D

darvil

There are some OOF leaves on another tree to the left of the larch tree. This was shot wide open at f/2.8 to intentionally blur the background.

And what about this very strange artifact?

There are some OOF leaves on another tree to the left of the larch tree. This was shot wide open at f/2.8 to intentionally blur the background.
I meant here:

There are some brown/orange things in the branches that look like they might be wings?

D

darvil

I meant here:
There are some brown/orange things in the branches that look like they might be wings?
Sure :) At least they really look like moth's wings.
I was noticing something different, more likely a "bug" (in the technical meaning) than a moth.