The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

biglouis

I can normally tell when spring is around the corner when the shrub at the end of my street puts on its display of blossom. I've photographed it many times over the years and I can honestly say the DP2M has surpassed all the other cameras I have used.

It was hard to choose a single frame, so here are four of them.

The Ute

I can normally tell when spring is around the corner when the shrub at the end of my street puts on its display of blossom. I've photographed it many times over the years and I can honestly say the DP2M has surpassed all the other cameras I have used.

Very nice. This camera is like the gift that never stops giving.

It will reward you each and every time you turn it on.

They should stamp every box "Top Secret".

:D

mezzoduomo

Beautiful shots, biglouis.

I can't put my finger on it, and you all might think I'm crazy, but the bokeh (strongly out of focus areas) from the Merrill looks....'different' to me than with other cameras. Anybody else see it, or should I just go back into my cave?

biglouis

Mezzoduomo, thanks for the comment. Personally, I think the bokeh is very Leica-like. Not necessarily the newer APSH lenses but definitely the more classic pre-asph lenses. I think I shot most of these on the lens sweet spot which for me is f3.2. It was my intention to have the old Georgian door frames and windows as 'hints' in the background, btw. And the bus shot was a pure grab shot.

Louis

The Ute

:):) That's for sure. I started with the 2, then bought the 1. So far, I have been able to resist clicking the BUY button on the DP-3. Not sure how long I can be this strong!

I had the 2 and just purchased the 1.

I'm waiting for the field reports on the 3.

Ultimately the 1 and 3 might be the perfect combo giving a 28-75 range.

But the allure of the image quality the 2 gives will make it hard to part with.

Might just wind up having all 3. I'm greedy.

:p

stevew50

Hello all,

I just joined today. Bought a DP1M earlier in the month, thanks Quentin for hooking me. Bought a DP2M and received it on Monday. Now prices dropped $200 to $799, sucker!!!!! OH well, win some lose some. Cameras are awsome image quality. DP1M does have some CA that is difficult to deal with. I do find I have to use a focusing hood for composition.

Michiel Schierbeek

Looked through the fine stuff posted in my absence and scattered some likes around :)
Also have to look into the new DP3m....

Back from Cuba. No usable internet to upload anything from there.
Here are some of my first results. Loads of files of this fascinating and tiring country.
I will probably overload you and bore you to death with Cuba photos the coming weeks. :D

The first and the last are from the city Holguin and the middle one is from the little coast towm Gibara in the North East.

(I will also post on the Ricoh GXR thread on Cuba)

Michiel

mezzoduomo

Looked through the fine stuff posted in my absence and scattered some likes around :)
Also have to look into the new DP3m....

Back from Cuba. No usable internet to upload anything from there.
Here are some of my first results. Loads of files of this fascinating and tiring country.
I will probably overload you and bore you to death with Cuba photos the coming weeks. :D

The first and the last are from the city Holguin and the middle one is from the little coast towm Gibara in the North East.

Michiel
Spectacular shots....

W.Utsch

Good to have you back, Michiel.:)
We where missing you!
Cant wait to see more of your Cuba shots, the 1. posts are already fantastic!

retow

I had the 2 and just purchased the 1.

I'm waiting for the field reports on the 3.

Ultimately the 1 and 3 might be the perfect combo giving a 28-75 range.

But the allure of the image quality the 2 gives will make it hard to part with.

Might just wind up having all 3. I'm greedy.

:p
Nothing wrong with having all three.