The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Kyndel

I am sorry I went to the Sigma Pro Photo 5.5 - never, ever had a problem before with SPP, but now I have - can sometimes not save the picture, it freezes, or what it is.

I was about to buy the DP1M also, but now I will not - I have an assignment next month and planned to use both together with my D3x, but they demand pictures soon after the event (of course they do) , and I have not time for this problems, sorry to say because I like the pictures A LOT !!!!!

And yes I did cancel the old SPP ( I recall the name was 5.41, or something about this) 100 % and run a cleaner (Reg.cleaner) and reboted before I updated to 5.5.

Anything to do ?

Kyndel

Well, perhaps I fould the problem - I suddenly recalled from this thread here, that there could be troubles in paradise, if you had too many pictures in a map.

I had about 100 pictures in Jpg and RAW= about 200 and some Tiff.s (diffferent maps in one map), but then I tryed to make a 100 % new map, and then there was not a problem - do not know if it is this, or it is that I also reboted ??

Just for the information: My pc is very strong and new (7-8 month) - W7 SP1 - 32 RAM - 240 SSD and A LOT of space, so it normally "eats" all.

kgelner

I am sorry I went to the Sigma Pro Photo 5.5 - never, ever had a problem before with SPP, but now I have - can sometimes not save the picture, it freezes, or what it is.

I was about to buy the DP1M also, but now I will not - I have an assignment next month and planned to use both together with my D3x, but they demand pictures soon after the event (of course they do) , and I have not time for this problems, sorry to say because I like the pictures A LOT !!!!!

And yes I did cancel the old SPP ( I recall the name was 5.41, or something about this) 100 % and run a cleaner (Reg.cleaner) and reboted before I updated to 5.5.

Anything to do ?
I would try removing the old SPP preference files. I'm not sure where they live on Windows, but I am pretty sure they are in files and reg cleaner would not have removed them.

Kyndel

Thanks: Yes, you could be right, but normally the payed program "reg. mechanic" removes such things, and I do not know how to do that otherwise ??

- see also my post 1601 ??

kuau

Workshop Member
Very difficult to get inspired living in Virginia, though I am trying...
All processed in SPP 5.5 using the Monochrome mode, then brought into PS6 and a little USM and a touch of Silver Efex Pro

Steven

Hulyss Bowman

Wonderful photos guys :)

I come with a news for you, a firmware update >>

Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce that firmware SIGMA DP1 Merrill and SIGMA DP2 Merrill is available for download.
Benefits of the firmware update

SIGMA DP1 Merrill firmware [Ver.1.03] ・Adds the Face Detection Mode ・It is possible to create B/W images in RAW or RAW+JPEG mode.

・It corrects the phenomenon that transferring an image using a USB cable fails occasionally.

・It is possible that non-SIGMA external flashguns can synchronize at a shutter speed of 1/125 second or slower.

・It corrects the phenomenon that JPEG images are not properly displayed in the Adobe RGB color space.

SIGMA DP2 Merrill firmware [Ver.1.04]

・Adds the Face Detection Mode ・It is possible to create B/W images in RAW or RAW+JPEG mode.

・It corrects the phenomenon that transferring an image using a USB cable fails occasionally.

・It is possible that non-SIGMA external flashguns can synchronize at a shutter speed of 1/125 second or slower.

・It corrects the phenomenon that JPEG images are not properly displayed in the Adobe RGB color space.

SIGMA DP1 Merrill firmware Ver.1.03 is available for download at the following site. SIGMA DP1 Merrill Firmware | SIGMA DP : Special Contents
SIGMA DP2 Merrill firmware Ver.1.04 is available for download at the following site. SIGMA DP2 Merrill Firmware | SIGMA DP : Special Contents
I hope that it correct the colors in the same way as the DP3 Merrill so please, test it :)

W.Utsch

Hi Hulyss,
to early to tell, just installed and have no time to try.
But i doubt that color behavior has changed.

Regards Werner

P

Pete_G

I can't see any difference in colour rendition at all between fw 1.03 and fw 1.04 on my DP2M.

Hulyss,

If your seeing a difference between the DP2M and your new DP3M then it must either be a hardware tweak in the new camera or the lens is causing it. Maybe someone with both cameras will do a direct comparison in the course of time.

Hulyss Bowman

Well, I do not have the DP2m any-more but I have load of files out of it so I can compare. Maybe the lens is for something in it but... there is a big difference. When I will have time I will show some comparisons, especially skin tones.

retow

How about using this thread again to post DP2M pictures. For my taste it starts to drift too much towards a "who finds the hair in the soup first" internet chatter. I`m sure if one tries hard enough and looks long enough one "finds" perceived flaws...... .

Michiel Schierbeek

How about using this thread again to post DP2M pictures. For my taste it starts to drift too much towards a "who finds the hair in the soup first" internet chatter. I`m sure if one tries hard enough and looks long enough one "finds" perceived flaws...... .
Exactly my idea, Retow!

Starts to look like the Sigma Merrill thread on the FM forum. Almost no Photographs but a for ever going on nagging thread about the pro's and cons of the camera.