The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

PaulO

Having just acquired the DP2M, I went to Boston on Friday to shoot some architectural images. I was delayed by being unable to open SPP until today. These images are each about 50% crops - perhaps I need a DP3M as well.

snowy

A week ago I got the DP2M and it's been great…until now. Earlier today I could no longer open SPP 5.5.0. So, I placed it in the trash (on a Macbook); downloaded 5.5.1 and installed hoping to resolve the issue… still can open it - I get a "SIGMA Photo Pro quit unexpectedly." error from mountain lion. Tried using Google to find resolution with no luck. I'm hoping someone can suggest something or direct me to another forum or site that might suggest how to approach the problem. I've restarted my machine and tried many times with the same results. Prior to this I only had occasional problems.
Thanks for any help.
I saw a thread recently about this, but can't remember where :(
It said you had to deleted the file: Library/Preferences/com.sigmaphoto.photopro.plist as well as the Application and then reinstall. It worked for me at the time, so you never know...

Just remembered, there was also something in Library/Application Support/SIGMA PhotoPro/ that needed deleting as well. I think it was settings.xml and the .LensData folder.

Last edited:

PaulO

Thanks snowy. I looked in the Library/... directories and no files/folders with "SIGMA" in the name can be found. By erasing a few images, I now seem to be back in business, at least some of the time as it takes several tries to open SPP.

PaulO

I've been looking (Google) for a SPP user guide/manual. All I can find are rels 4.x. Is there anything newer? Has any 3rd party written anything?
Thanks.

biglouis

Interior, St Mary's Church, Radnage Buckinghamshire. The font in the picture was discovered buried in a farmer's field nearby and is probably of Saxon origin.

BTW: I've never owned a digital camera that can handle this kind of dynamic range. Either the window would be lost or the shadows too deep.

Quentin_Bargate

Interior, St Mary's Church, Radnage Buckinghamshire....

BTW: I've never owned a digital camera that can handle this kind of dynamic range. Either the window would be lost or the shadows too deep.
I now also own a Nikon D800E and everyone raves about its dynamic range, which is very good, but not a patch on the highlight recovery of the DP2M

PaulO

Another architectural shot from Boston. This and 2 of the last set are of the Stata building designed by Frank Gehry (this and one of the previous ones are reflections and part of a series titled "Reflections on Gehry").