The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

ustein

Contributing Editor
>They need a completly different approach then the Sigma files.

All bayer sensors need it. But we also don't know what Sigma calls zero sharpening.

stevew50

Jim,
The one in srgb. The tiff files in ProPhoto looked the same just when converted to 8bit and saved jpg the colors don't render correctly unless converted to profile srgb. Speak of color, I have been shooting sunlight and using color rendering neutral. I tried rendering Neutral, Standard and Vivid on these shots. The Neutral seemed just off, greens didn't look right maybe cyan. Vivid was out there, Standard seemed closer to life, maybe a touch too saturated, but nice for these especially.

stevew50

Red-Orange-Blue Cars

Here are Three color Mode renderings, same image processing. See which you like.
I'm still trying to find the optimum exposure with this camera. By camera metering center weighted I am overexposed (200/f8 ISO 100) and have to correct about minium exposure in SPP5.1. These I shot -0.7 compensation on exposure in camera. This one 400/f7.1. In SPP 5.1 I had to use -0.7 exposure.

stevew50

Here we have a Red Alfa Romeo and a 62 Red Corvette.
I wanted to make it to this local Car show with the Merrill. Pretty known colors: green grass, blue sky, nice blue porti potties ;) the amusment park rides, all the bright cars and the nice cromatic aberations on the hillside :mad:.

W.Utsch

Some images of the Gardens at Schwetzingen Castle, close to Heidelberg, Germany.
These gardens build from 1742 on by the Prince (Kurfürst) Carl Theodor of Palatinate are a beautiful example of the transition from absolutism to enlightment. They reflect the together and reconciliation of beauty (human spirit) and nature.
They are build with strong symmetry and lots of statues, pavillions and citations.
The castle was used for leisure and hunting. The Prince had his administration in the belonging castles of Heidelberg and later in Mannheim.
Walking through these gardens is pure pleasure and you can still feel the original spirit.
If you want to know more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwetzingen\_Castle

I took both DPM's (2 and 3) and will post images from both cams in this and following threads:

The castle an overview:

The "Circular Buildings" they form with the main buildings a half circle - the garden completes the full circle:

nandadevieast

Hi,
I wonder why my posts are not showing up...
Michiel, i tried doing what you said...
regards,

PS: this post is showing up...is it that just the posts with pictures need to get approved by the mods before they are seen..?

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi,
I wonder why my posts are not showing up...
Michiel, i tried doing what you said...
regards,

PS: this post is showing up...is it that just the posts with pictures need to get approved by the mods before they are seen..?
If you are logged in, go to edit on the downside of your post, which is possible for a short time a day or so, copy your url in flickr, click on the square icon with the mountain and paste in there, enter it in the the dialoguebox and it should be there.
Actually it only ads

retow

This is it, the church in the town of Savoca, Sicily, where Michael got married in the "Godfather" and the famous bar Vitelli where they celebrated the marriage. salute:

Last edited:

The Ute

This is it, the church in the town of Savoca, Sicily, where Michael got married in the "Godfather" and the famous bar Vitelli where they celebrated the marriage. salute:

Extremely cool. Great photos. Like the B/W treatment.

scho

Schwetzingen Gardens Part 2:
The flowering time of the Japanese Cherry Trees
Beautiful and sorry that we will have missed the peak bloom. :facesmack: We'll be in that area next week for my sister in-law's 70th birthday bash.