The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Paul H

Here's some shots from my recently acquired DP2M. I'm amazed at the amount of detail in the shots. I really must put this camera on a tripod at some stage.

Battery life for me so far is acceptable (hey, it gets way more than 12 shots, which is all I usually get before a reload...), the speed of operation fine, and the control layout works really well. The fact that it may not be the fastest camera out there doesn't bother me, since my subjects rarely move much.

Overall, I'm really happy with the camera so far. I also like the B+W output I can get without too much trouble direct from SPP.

Mural protesting against shark finning:

Something fishy..., on Flickr

Bright paint scheme:

Blue Grey Red, on Flickr

Paul

Paul H

One of the first shots I took with the DP2M. Clicking the photo should take you through to a full sized, though slightly compressed version (to meet the individual quota limits imposed by the hosting site):

And a another concrete wall that caught my eye:

Yes, I like abstracts....;)

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin,

Good to see you back. Lovely pano! Tell us more about it, rows, frames, processing, etc.

Rand
Hi Rand

Thanks - I had all my camera gear stolen...taken a while to get back in action!

6 shots with the (newly re-purchased) DP2M minus 1.5 exposure in Photo Pro (to recover highlight detail) and +1.2 X3 fill light. A little further adjustnment in Photoshop.

Stitched using PTGui.

W.Utsch

Good to see you back, Quentin. Loosing your gear - really sad!

Will finish my Alassio posts with two Panos that show the incredible architectural anarchism, you often find in Italy. It is part of the unique and lovely atmosphere and you need a second sight to really recognize it.

Pano, handheld, 5 pics, stitched in PT Gui (with a lot of editing):

Pano, 3 pics, handheld, PT Gui and editing:

"Last walk on the beach, before the winter" (High-key)

DP2M2265-131008.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

Quentin, the theft of your camera gear cannot go unremarked. How horrible!! Your posted images got me started with the Sigma Merrills, to my great pleasure. Glad you are back in action with new gear. --Barbara

Quentin_Bargate

Hi Barbara, thanks. I have a London flat during the working week and that was where the theft was from. Also took my laptop, iPad, etc. I was however insured. They caught the guy based on DNA he left on a broken screwdriver handle, he confessed, and he has just been sentenced to a prison term so there is some justice in the world. Needless to say a DP2M was one of the first items I purchased again.