The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

peterb

Haven't been active for a while but was recently going through files to enter a photo contest sponsored by the Washington Post. It was a 'travel' contest and, in their words, they wanted "Gritty" as well as pretty. So I entered this:

[Note: this was shot at night in NYC at ISO 4000 using my SPP monochrome technique (on another thread) that only uses information from the topmost layer of the Foveon chip. Luminance slider was set to '2'. Banding to the right. The resulting TIFF was ported into Lightroom where I added some light grain. Enjoy!]

biglouis

I went out yesterday and only used my DP2M and DP3M to shoot landscapes. These are all DP2M, some using my Lee Filter system.

Bend in the road

From the other side

Further up the hill

biglouis

One more from Saturday, also using the DP2M and the Lee Big Stopper to smooth the water and capture movement in the foliage.

biglouis

Purgatorial Ladder, or Ladder of Souls, with the Seven Deadly Sins

Purgatorial Ladder, or Ladder of Souls, with the Seven Deadly Sins: circa 1200, Chaldon Church, near Caterham, East Surrey. You can read more about it here

Whenever I want to record something in the highest possible fidelity, I reach for my DP2M.

biglouis

Interior of Greensted Church, Essex, the oldest wooden church and wooden structure in Europe.

Sigma DP2M.

Edit: a second version of the photogragph, more processing in SPP and then half-size export to jpeg. Been able to recover more of the window detail. Full size available in my Flickr stream.

Last edited:

biglouis

^^^ This is imho where DPxM cameras outshine the competition, I'd bet you could blow that up to 60inches wide and it would be perfect ^^^

Great shot!

LouisB

UHDR

^^^ This is imho where DPxM cameras outshine the competition, I'd bet you could blow that up to 60inches wide and it would be perfect ^^^

Great shot!

LouisB
Thanks! :D I have a A2 canvas on order. I also have an A1 version of this on order :D: