The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

UHDR

May I ask which Pano Software you are using ?

Thanks.
i did it in photoshop CS3. :) lightroom is so powerful these days, i only do the final touch up and stitch work in PS. and on very rare occasion i use it to do some colour sampling if i feel my eyes cant be 100% sure about certain colours/i feel if the colour is going outside what my monitor can show. :)

silver92b

Hi, new to the forum and the DP2 Merrill. Became intrigued by some images I saw posted and decided to get the camera. Obviously I have not the skill as some of the contributors. I look forward to learning how to use this camera and properly process the images. I also shoot with Olympus M43 cameras and the RD-1. But this little camera is quite special :)
I shot this hand held at arms length trough the window of the car....

silver92b

Got inspired and took the DP2-M out with me today. The detail this camera captures is really impressive. I cannot crop the shots from the M43 30mm focal length and get results like this.

Future

Peak district past weekend, this is a famous spot but it hasn't been raining for a while, so not as impressive as usual.

AlanS

Well I finally gave in and bought the Dp2m. Here are a few shots from yesterday...

Very promising start:D

AlanS

Well I really didn't want another workflow, but the weight of the camera bag goes a long way in compensating for it. :thumbs:

Kyndel

Does anybody also have the Nikon D810 to compare in sharpness/perhaps also in print ??

I have all 3 Merrills, but I am tempthed also to buy the Nikon D810

(I know, ...I know I suffer from NAS/GAS)

...but to get the better camera performance = handling, AF, iso, writing to card, and so on, but I am not sure I will get better sharpness or better ability to print huge ??

I know I will certainly not get better B/W performance.