The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Florin75

I shot those pictures last evening at an antiques fair, raw but in b&w color mode because I was sure that the color image will be unusable and I would convert them to monochrome anyway. Everybody knows that Sigma DP2M is useless at ISO400 and above, right? Wrong! I was amazed to see that the color image is at least just as good as any other camera, with good colors and decent noise level even at ISO 1000. I was so sure that I will keep only the monochrome version but I ended up keeping both color and Black & white images. At least for me the images are acceptable.
Shot handheld so it might be some camera shake.
Minimum PP in SPP 5.5.
In fact I observed that from ISO1250 things are becoming ugly, colors are fading and the noise level is unpleasant.
Sugestions are welcomed.

Attachments

Paul H

Rarity or rarities, we've had more than a week with little to no wind. All this over the Christmas & New Year period too!

Given the good weather and lack of wind, in between bouts of food consumption, I wandered up the hill look over the city as the sun set:

Last light over Wellington, on Flickr

(Wellington, NZ. Hill suburb of Wadestown in the foreground, "Cake Tin" and port straight ahead)

Last edited:

biglouis

Some shots taken at Kentish Town lock on the Regent's Canal in London with the DP2M. The Canal and Rivers Trust are renewing the lock gates.

Malina DZ

Haven't shot DP2M in a while and got burnt by its narrow highlight DR today :( No fancy shot got ruined anyway, but it did remind me of DR limits and careful exposure requirements:

Storefront
iso200, 1/60, f/2.8

On the other hand, if Merrill is given a scene with 6 stops of DR, it'll handle it like no other :)

EQUINOX poster
iso200, 1/250, f/4.0

Vadim Piottukh

My friend from Sigma DP Photography (Facebook) community recommended me this forum to publish my photos. I agree with him, here are good photographers ang good photos.
Spring. The willows blossom. Novosibirsk suburb. May 16, 2014. Sigma dp2 Merrill.