The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Quentin_Bargate

My DP2m stitched shot of Manhattan, taken this February during a very warm and sunny spell, is now a very large print under perspex (printed by Spectrum in England) now hanging in my office reception.

Quentin_Bargate

Very impressive!
Thanks Luiz, and for stitched "panoramas" that don't look like obvious panoramas (like this shot), I think the DP2M or DP3M are unbeatable. Better still if used with a compact pano head and lightweight compact travel tripod. Handheld (as with this shot) is good too. With all the expensive kit I have, it's the Merrills that keep on giving!

gnuyork

Thanks Luiz, and for stitched "panoramas" that don't look like obvious panoramas (like this shot), I think the DP2M or DP3M are unbeatable. Better still if used with a compact pano head and lightweight compact travel tripod. Handheld (as with this shot) is good too. With all the expensive kit I have, it's the Merrills that keep on giving!
Quentin - fantastic! It was your stitched panos that prompted me to get a pano bracket (maybe even the same one?). I agree the Merrills keep on giving.

Quentin_Bargate

I agree with Luiz, very impressive ! I wonder why Sigma does not persevere in this way... ???
Who knows? I do know the Merrills and a small tripod + compact pano head are an awesome way to get large format quality that beats any available alternative, up to and including 100mp digital backs, if done correctly. The Manhattan shot was a single row set of 5 stitched images. Because of low distortion and edge to edge sharpness from the lens, stitching is completely invisible. It looks like one shot.