The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Malina DZ

Wynwood Walls

I'm happy to report that DP2M has served me well for over 5 years and is still running strong! :thumbs: to Sigma for making a reliable product and backing it up with a 4 year warranty.

I just got back from a trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen in southern Germany. Such amazing scenery.

I only used my DP2 Merrill and did quite a few panorama stitches with Lightroom and Microsoft Image Composite Editor.
Even now, 6 1/2 years from launch, it still amazes me with the quality you can get from such a small camera.

Garmisch alps 1 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

Garmisch alps 2 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

Garmisch alps 3 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

Garmisch alps 4 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

Garmisch alps 5 by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

Neuschwanstein by Christian Hass Jensen, on Flickr

Agreed.

I liked the shot of the girl on the kitchen table and the disco dj shot.

Both so different and both good 'pictures'. Imaginative. An ingredient thin on the ground these days.

It is good to see someone being creative with the DP2 which is not the easiest of cameras to handle. I bought all three (1,2 and 3) but I use them too rarely as my Oly E-M5 is so much more foregiving when I get my settings a bit wrong.

However, I will never regret having bought the Merrills as, when I have the time to take pictures properly (aka not in a rush) they are superior. Superior not only to my m43 but to the full frame Nikon that a good mate of mine uses.

Tony