The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

retow

Agreed.

I liked the shot of the girl on the kitchen table and the disco dj shot.

Both so different and both good 'pictures'. Imaginative. An ingredient thin on the ground these days.

It is good to see someone being creative with the DP2 which is not the easiest of cameras to handle. I bought all three (1,2 and 3) but I use them too rarely as my Oly E-M5 is so much more foregiving when I get my settings a bit wrong.

However, I will never regret having bought the Merrills as, when I have the time to take pictures properly (aka not in a rush) they are superior. Superior not only to my m43 but to the full frame Nikon that a good mate of mine uses.

Tony
It's 2018 and in their comfort zones still nothing can touch the Merrills.

Quentin_Bargate

That's a very challenging landscape scene for DP1M's dynamic range in the "Early morning Autumn Trees" image. :toocool:
It was, and I had to choose the exposure carefully and of course shoot at base ISO. I also confess that the tree shot was taken with the DP1M not the DP2M, all saved in the same folder, easy mistake to make, so my bad!

gnuyork

It's been a looooong time since I used this camera. Met up with the local large format photographers groups this weekend. Shoit some 4x5 and also brought the DP2M because why not.

This is a 6 image stitch.

gnuyork

And a few from My trip to France in late October. For some reason the camera was acting screwy and i dod not realize that was shooting either medium sized RAWs or in come cases Jpgs. Even after setting the camera up to RAW whe I turned it off and back on it defaulted to JPG and I did not realize it. Full disclosure, I did drop the cameras on a blacktop driveway last year... I did a reset of the camera settings and it seems to have resolved my issue.