The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

bensonga

Zabriskie Point in Death Valley National Park. I printed this image (Epson P800, warm tone on Ilford Textured Cotton Rag) for an upcoming B&W print exchange.

Gary

scho

"Back to the future". Awaiting the next FF Sigma with merrill sensor. Dusted off the old DP2M for this shot to test some new processing. Usual minimal SPP6 processing of raw to a tiff with no sharpening and then a 2x enlargement in Topaz AI Gigapixel to produce an approx. 60 MP image file. The latter then run through Topaz Sharpen AI to produce result below. Click for full size 60 MP jpeg.

xpatUSA

"Back to the future". Awaiting the next FF Sigma with merrill sensor. Dusted off the old DP2M for this shot to test some new processing. Usual minimal SPP6 processing of raw to a tiff with no sharpening and then a 2x enlargement in Topaz AI Gigapixel to produce an approx. 60 MP image file. The latter then run through Topaz Sharpen AI to produce result below. <>
Oustanding work, Carl. Having gone retro (pre-Merrill) some time back, I just had to buy another DP2M ... missed it too much.

Best,

Ted

scho

Oustanding work, Carl. Having gone retro (pre-Merrill) some time back, I just had to buy another DP2M ... missed it too much.

Best,

Ted
Hi Ted,

I've run the gamut of sigma offerings and always come back to the DP2M for a unique high quality look. Fingers crossed that they really do produce a FF with Merrill sensor.

Best regards,
Carl

scho

An older image from 2013, 3 shot pano of a garden cascade on Insel Mainau, Germany. Kalpanika DNG from X3f files processed in Topaz Sharpen AI.