Site Sponsors

Thread: Lens hoods for Merrills

Post Thanks / Like

Lens hoods for Merrills

I believe the lens hood for DP2M is LH02-01.

I guess the DP2 hood is not suitable?

Amazon.com: Sigma HA-21 Hood Adapter for Sigma DP2 Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo

Anyone know what the differences are?

Lee
    Last edited by Sapphie; 7th October 2012 at 18:27.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lens hoods for Merrills

Ok, I get it - DP2M is 49mm, previous 'DP2' cameras are 46mm!

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I couldn't find a Sigma one, so I bought a 5 one from Amazon which works perfectly well.

You may also be interested in batteries. I couldn't find any sigma ones but I found that the sigma batteries are the same as Ricoh's DB-65. I found a 7.50 generic replacement from Dot Photo on Amazon. It is 3.7v and 1150 (not 1250 as the sigmas are) but works perfectly happily in the DP2 - I got 75 exposures from it this afternoon. It is very very very slightly thicker than the Sigma battery which means that when you press the catch to release it, it doesn't quite pop out. However a few rubs on a piece of fine sandpaper solved that one. You don't need to do more than just take off the shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphie View Post
    Ok, I get it - DP2M is 49mm, previous 'DP2' cameras are 46mm!

Lee
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pflower View Post
    I couldn't find a Sigma one, so I bought a 5 one from Amazon which works perfectly well.

You may also be interested in batteries. I couldn't find any sigma ones but I found that the sigma batteries are the same as Ricoh's DB-65. I found a 7.50 generic replacement from Dot Photo on Amazon. It is 3.7v and 1150 (not 1250 as the sigmas are) but works perfectly happily in the DP2 - I got 75 exposures from it this afternoon. It is very very very slightly thicker than the Sigma battery which means that when you press the catch to release it, it doesn't quite pop out. However a few rubs on a piece of fine sandpaper solved that one. You don't need to do more than just take off the shine.
    Both the LH2-01 and LH1-01 hoods are available directly from Sigma (NY) for $30 each.
    Carl
    Gallery