The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another DP2M Review

peterb

Now that's a review I would never have expected (but considering TAS) is certainly within their realm in their quest for clarity. I remember for years Harry Pearson, the longtime elusive publisher of the pub used to grace his back covers with a shot he'd taken with his Leica R4.

Thanks for posting!

Michiel Schierbeek

Before I was finished fiddling with all the menu settings I had only room to take 16 shots of which half was still in Jpeg mode. I will need a lot of batterys. Anyone bought extra batterys already?

But when I got it right, it is right! What an astonishing detail!
I can litterly count the bricks of the Rijksmuseum from that distance. (not that I am going to :D)

Nothing very special yet, but I want you to know the little wonder arrived :)

Michiel

SORRY, I was reading this thread and thought it was the imaging thread.

Last edited:

Sapphie

Excellent! My first battery expired rather quickly, I think first outings always do as we tend to do more 'initial fiddling' and batteries hold their charge longer after a few chargings, well I hope so!

Lee

pophoto

Been following this thread daily and am enthralled with these images!
I see why people fall in love.
Question--How do you avoid or work with the purple/green in the water of this image(100% view)? Is this a result of the sensor, the raw software or NIk, that the photographer used?
http://www.lightreflection.com/DP2M/DP2MPANOA.jpg
Came from the comments by Rick, below the above posted review.
Let start by saying, I have no idea, and very nice image btw!
Weird thing is, I see it and even when I scroll to the clouds or the blue of the sky, I faintly see it also! I don't quite understand it, but I see it.

raist3d

Been following this thread daily and am enthralled with these images!
I see why people fall in love.
Question--How do you avoid or work with the purple/green in the water of this image(100% view)? Is this a result of the sensor, the raw software or NIk, that the photographer used?
http://www.lightreflection.com/DP2M/DP2MPANOA.jpg
Came from the comments by Rick, https://plus.google.com/111408024451777741269/posts
It is the sensor, but it's possible newer versions of SPP may improve on this somewhat. This is the very reason why when people say that this camera has "ultimate image quality" I have to ask in what context. It sure has a lot of detail but I don't want- ironically one of the things Sigma says Foveon doesn't do- my camera to introduce color artifacts like these.

And this is at the lowest ISO's, once you hit ISO 400 and up forget it. I still think in good daylight and the lowest ISO the new Foveon cams can sing great, but certainly you have to make sure the narrow window where it operates well is the photography domain you do. I like shooting in a wide variety of conditions so for me it's no go as much as I like the output in good light.

- Raist