The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Milich Grip for DP Merrills

peterb

Just got the (Basic) grip that John Milich designed and fashioned and I have to tell you it's superb! Gives the camera a better 'feel' and stability when using it handheld. (More mass = greater inertia = less shake.)

Highly recommended.

scho

Just got the (Basic) grip that John Milich designed and fashioned and I have to tell you it's superb! Gives the camera a better 'feel' and stability when using it handheld. (More mass = greater inertia = less shake.)

Highly recommended.
+1 and it is also great with the combo L plate on a tripod. Very convenient and a definite improvement in handling.:thumbs:

W.Utsch

Got my JLM Grip as well!
Thats a perfect and fine machined part. The additional weight and the grip are very helpful for freehand shooting. The grip will stay on permanently.

Here the DP2M with hood, OV and Grip:

[/url]
DSC03287.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr[/IMG]​

Ordering and shipping just OK!

biglouis

Highly recommended.
Mine was despatched a couple of days ago. Has to come across the 'pond'. Also ordered a optech micro cover to slip over the lens hood to keep it all clean (I've stopped storing the camera with the lens cap as I prefer to keep the hood on at all times).

I also bought a spirit level thingy that clips onto the flash bracket.

All in all, my SP2M is pimping up nicely :D

Rand47

Here's my DP2M w/ grip-L-plate mounted to a simple pano setup using Nodal Ninja 5. After sighting in the nodal point using the target and arm on the NN I removed the vertical riser and use only the indexed pan part of the NN.

(Point Lobos in the background.)

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Rand47, the link to your image seems broken—can you fix?

And can a link to the Milich grip/plate, please? cheers, kl

GCecchetto

The combo gripe/L plate is awesome, huge improvement in handling. The lens hood design, on the other hand, is terrible. I took a router to mine and trimmed out the baffle. Now the cap can be used as it should have been from the factory. I'll post a photo when I get to work.

Rand47

Here's my DP2M w/ grip-L-plate mounted to a simple pano setup using Nodal Ninja 5. After sighting in the nodal point using the target and arm on the NN I removed the vertical riser and use only the indexed pan part of the NN.

(Point Lobos in the background.)
Fixed link

GCecchetto

The combo gripe/L plate is awesome, huge improvement in handling. The lens hood design, on the other hand, is terrible. I took a router to mine and trimmed out the baffle. Now the cap can be used as it should have been from the factory. I'll post a photo when I get to work.
Folks I don't have a site to host the photos so I'll have to add them later after I setup a flicker account or something. Any input on the best service for hosting photos would be appreciated. Thanks