The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New SPP 5.4 + Firmware Updates

scho

If you were having monitor color shift issues before (I wasn't) you need to delete SPP 5.3.2 and the SPP prefs file before installing SPP 5.4. Good idea to do this in any event. Auto WB seems to be improved, but still not perfect.

pophoto

I really like Sigmas effort so far, they seem responsive. Although I wish our ultimate desires to have profiles in LR and maybe C1 come into reality. If SPP is the only way to squeeze accurately the Foveon sensor RAWs, and then work with the TIFF files, then I hope someone can address that!

W.Utsch

WB improved really with the new firmware!
The new banding suppression is very good as well.
I even have the impression that higher ISO (to 640) has improved, but that needs more testing. Lesser magnet/green blotches??

I did remove the old .prefs file (Mac) when installing 5.4 but still: if i use ProRGB as a working space in SPP (which looks good) and export to LR (via tiff 16bit, ProRGB) i get different colors. If use sRGB as working space and export to ProRGB everything is ok.

Anyhow: Sigma is moving in the right direction! Thanks!

Werner

Quentin_Bargate

My limited tests show that the banding noise reduction works very well on default settings. I cannot see any adverse effect on image quality so far.

peterb

I have Mountain Lion and I've encountered no problems.

But curious about another matter. When you save a 'global' setting is it possible to save the NR settings as well? Seems when I do all the individual settings (E.C., Fill, Sharpness, Light, Color etc.) are saved but the NR has to be adjusted every time.

JCL212

thanks for the responses :)

i tried to uninstall / reinstall it. Still crashes from time to time. I suspect OS X problem. Mine is running on 10.7.5. Maybe time to upgrade !

peterb, i think you are right. The NR setting cannot be saved!

Quentin_Bargate

Quentin,

Thanks for the info. And, thanks for the inspiration, education and lovely photos you've shared. Very much appreciated.

Rand
Very kind of you, Rand. I'm still floating around but work committments mean I don't have the time to contribute here as much, regrettably. But I will post when I can and enjoy the work of others posted here :thumbup: