Site Sponsors

Thread: For DP Merrill fans...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For DP Merrill fans...

(Note: I also posted this on DPreview's Sigma Forum, too.)

The DP2 M has a lens what many reviewers have gushed as a being on the same playing field as a Leica Summicron or even Summilux. The DP1 M with its 19mm lens while not quite in the same league but no slouch either makes a great 28mm equiv lens (with a 15.6/46.4 MP AA-less, Foveon sensor attached in a lovely, well-crafted, unobtrusive housing).

So my question is...would anyone here be interested in Sigma deciding to put together yet a THIRD DPM camera that features either their luscious 50mm f1.4 optic or the cracking 70mm f2.8 macro honed to perfection like the 30mm was?

It would be a masterwork for closeup (of course), portrait and, for those who've drooled over these sublime, bokehlicious images, a Brenizer-style composite.

Just curious.

(I know I would.)

P
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For DP Merrill fans...

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    (Note: I also posted this on DPreview's Sigma Forum, too.)

The DP2 M has a lens what many reviewers have gushed as a being on the same playing field as a Leica Summicron or even Summilux. The DP1 M with its 19mm lens while not quite in the same league but no slouch either makes a great 28mm equiv lens (with a 15.6/46.4 MP AA-less, Foveon sensor attached in a lovely, well-crafted, unobtrusive housing).

So my question is...would anyone here be interested in Sigma deciding to put together yet a THIRD DPM camera that features either their luscious 50mm f1.4 optic or the cracking 70mm f2.8 macro honed to perfection like the 30mm was?

It would be a masterwork for closeup (of course), portrait and, for those who've drooled over these sublime, bokehlicious images, a Brenizer-style composite.

Just curious.

(I know I would.)

P
    +1 A logical addition to the DP line.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in. Additionally, if Sigma were to introduce a wide angle adapter for the DP1M and a tele one for such a "DPM70mm" I'd be all set for 95% of my needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely! But I'd be most receptive to something between 80 and 90mm in an f2 configuration.
    Lawrence

Post Thanks / Like

+1; count me in (as I wait for the DP2M to be delivered). ~90mm EFOV, ƒ2, and macro capacity to boot, and my image making needs will be completed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    Count me in. Additionally, if Sigma were to introduce a wide angle adapter for the DP1M and a tele one for such a "DPM70mm" I'd be all set for 95% of my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kit laughlin View Post
    +1; count me in (as I wait for the DP2M to be delivered). ~90mm EFOV, 2, and macro capacity to boot, and my image making needs will be completed.
    +1
    db

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would prefer it if the next DP body had an attachable EVF like many cameras are now sporting.

LouisB