The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

geoffbillett

Hi
New owner of DP1 and DP2. 2 images from DP1 and 2 from DP2. Sorry for joining both camera images in this thread. Impressed with them so far but occasional magenta and green casts sometimes disconcert. Thought I would share.
Cheers
Geoff

S

Shelby Lewis

Picked up a dp1m to use as my walkabout for a trip to Rome this week... first and only shot I've taken with it thus far:

(grunged up in post, for the fun of it...)

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Gonna take a bit to figure out how to process these... especially saturation. Some snaps from a trip to Rome that I'm starting today.

some reflection trickery...

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

more from my walkabout today:

Having trouble with halos when messing with shadows/highlights in post... but love the detail

Cheers! (Ciao?)
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Sorry for the image overkill ;)

Shooting the DP1m is much like (older) medium format digital, just in a smaller box. I have to admit I'm really liking the camera immensely. Haven't gotten the processing (especially sharpening and saturation) nailed down, but getting there.

my flat for the week is behind that door...

so much texture in Rome:

Cheers,
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Rome keeps on giving...

DP1M does a terrible job with flare... but I like the atmosphere of this shot. More post could clean it up...

Cheers!
Sheby

S

Shelby Lewis

Last set from this trip.... all handheld (in every post) with exception of the sunset river view below (last shot), where I used an old Roman bridge as a tripod. I found the challenge of shooting an entire trip at 28mm to be a lot of fun... but next time I travel I might pick up a DP2M and a DP3M to take as well.

Cheers!
Shelby

S

Shelby Lewis

Still loving the IQ from this great little cam... (during a little babysitting yesterday). Grain added in post.

Cheers,
Shelby

johnnygoesdigital

Really love all of these, I just wish I could get the software to work on my mac. Knowing what this camera is capable of doing is impressive.

S

Shelby Lewis

@johnnygoesdigital... what problems are you having with the software?
(other than the fact that it is so bad, ha)

S

Shelby Lewis

From an engagement session a few weeks back... snapped a few frames with the DP1M. Found skin tones a bit fiddly, but this cam seems made for b/w.

Cheers!
Shelby