The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Jaggies in DP2M shots?

Sapphie

I noticed in a couple of shots taken yesterday that some distant grass looked a little odd. Zooming in to 100%, 200% in SPP there were definite jaggies not just on the grass but on the edges of twigs on trees etc too.

I was shooting partly into the low sun light and was using ISO 160. Just wondering if this is normal and maybe one of the 'features' of Foveon? I checked I had the camera on max resolution etc.

I haven't really noticed it in most shots and don't want to start the New Year pixel peeping to this extent (last year I was doing that with a Fuji X-Pro !!) but I thought I'd throw it in here for comment.

Happy New Year to all

Lee

V

Vivek

+1

In the coastal shot you posted (the one your wife took), the sand looked very crunchy but the smooth sky clearly shows it was not sharpened in the post.

I think the files do need to be upsampled like Quentin suggests to get rid of the jaggies/sharp edges.

A nice problem to have! :)

Sapphie

+1

In the coastal shot you posted (the one your wife took), the sand looked very crunchy but the smooth sky clearly shows it was not sharpened in the post.

I think the files do need to be upsampled like Quentin suggests to get rid of the jaggies/sharp edges.

A nice problem to have! :)
Oh and I thought these files were supposed to be 'perfect'!

I suspect they would not show in prints but I would need to try it. New Year Resolution to self - spend more time getting photos printed and less time pixel-peeping!

So upsample from within SPP with the Save As to double-size? But then they wouldn't look so lovely and sharp would they and would need to be sharpened afterwards?

What setting for sharpening in SPP if we want to save and upsize?

Lee