The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

Rich M

I like the AF limiter which allows me to get into a macro mode with just a few button pushes. Haven't set up the custom limits yet.

(and the heptagons)

scho

Two shots taken this afternoon at Taughannock gorge on the west shore of Cayuga Lake. The icicles hanging off the gorge walls in the upper falls amphitheater (1st shot) remind me of organ pipes in a cathedral. For scale reference, look at full size image in lower right corner - two people standing on the lower viewing platform below the falls. I had to use + exp comp, an ND filter, ISO 100, and f/16 to put enough drag on the shutter for the lower falls shots (2 shot stitch) to soften the water flow.

Upper Taughannock Falls

Lower Taughannock Falls

scho

One more from yesterday's shoot at Taughannock gorge. Just some gnarly old hemlocks trying to make a living on top of the bedrock. A stitch from two DP3M images.

toledo1960

Couple test shots using AML-2 and step-down ring.

Rose was at f9, std colors, -1 saturation
Sage at f16, std color.
Shot using sunlight WB.
Sage bloom is 1 inch wide.

There was light breeze so rose should have been sharper.

Surprisingly no visible vignette.

Bokeh seems good.

These are uncropped shots.

Last edited:

dbogdan

Couple test shots using AML-2 and step-down ring.

Rose was at f9, std colors, -1 saturation
Sage at f16, std color.
Shot using sunlight WB.
Sage bloom is 1 inch wide.

There was light breeze so rose should have been sharper.

Surprisingly no visible vignette.

Bokeh seems good.

These are uncropped shots.
Thanks toledo1960!...I was wondering if it would be worth pursuing the AM2.
Can you give me an example of the max magnification, with and without the Am2?
Also is there any vignette at wider apertures.. and if so, when does it creep in?
Thanks again!
davidbogdan

Last edited:

Hulyss Bowman

Keep posting photos guys, I love it :) Infact, I love almost all photos on the DP threads, that push us to be always better :) QUENTIN BARGATE , we wait you here ! ;)

At home composing visuals while rain is falling outside...

Ho by the way I get attacked by "Loyd Chamber" about my professionalism because I said in my report that colors out of the DP3 Merrill are more accurate than DP2 Merrill.

I stay in my positions, as I'm not a professional reviewer but a Professional photographer who have an artist and painter eye. When there is a difference I see it and I'm not the only possessor of DP3m to have noticed a change (beneficial).

But, as I say, I am not a reviewer (yet) and I don't give into forum ego/polemics.

With all due respect to this reviewer.

Last edited:

Pingang

shot last week in Ontario, Canada, the Niagara Falls in the late winter night
ISO 200, f/7.1, 10.0s

BR,
Pingang

Pingang

Purple umbrella - another Sigma DP3M shot from above the Madison Square Park, New York,
ISO 100, f/4.5, 1/400s

BR
Pingang