The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP3M

W.Utsch

You are right Uwe, but will loose then on the other side and get out of symmetry.
BTW: I took this shoot (the door) with the 2M, which works better - could step forward and leaf the tree behind me :)

Greetings to CA, lived in Orange county some years ago - i am still homesick....

ustein

Contributing Editor
>but will loose then on the other side and get out of symmetry.

Right, but better than with the tree :). DP2M is then the solution I guess.

Last edited:

Hulyss Bowman

Some very nice photo guys !! I love it, especially when we get some new adepts in the sect :D;)

I'm a actually in heavy printing job of my work so I can't really work on my photos but be sure I think about it. How big can be printed a crop out of the DP3m ?? largely over what you can expect...

Hulyss Bowman

Hello W. ,

Thank you ! I used my EPSON® Stylus Pro 9800. For little prints I use my R3000. It take some times to go out but results are more than correct. Personally, I'm done with RIPs.

I trashed all this waste of time long ago and, for example, black and white out of the original EPSON driver are simply VERY good and colors AWESOME. RIPs can tweak it a bit but seriously ... it do not worth the waste of time and configuration.

If I need something very adjusted (like scientific shoots) I ask lab to print it but for now I b=never add to do this (even for reproduction shoot).

The thing is that the 9800 have 8 cartridges when new ESPON printers do have 9, like the R3000 for example. After extensive use ... the difference between 8 and 9 cartridges are more than minimal, especially on prints that big.

By the way, the shoot above was done with a phone. Have a look at the real detail of this print ;)

Hulyss Bowman

Some photos of my patient on my last workshop. Yes, some photographers are able to do thousands of Km do come to learn foveon by the hard way with me ;) I say patient because foveon is more a therapy than a boring technical impersonal workshop :chug:

Rich M

I am going for 1:1.....hhmmm.....that sounds weird.

Playing around with the Canon 250D close-up lens. I was never good at optics math. I wonder what the magnification ratio is with this diopter?

I like it....what I really like is that there isn't a lot of gear to play with.

Kinda dreamy...

Handheld....shutter priority, no flash

scho

A couple of panos taken with the DP3M on the GigaPan Epic 100 and stitched with AutoPano Pro 3. Click small images for larger quarter size image or link for full size original.

Buttermilk Falls 12 shots, note illegal hikers on gorge trail. Trail was gated and marked with closed signs. They could face hefty fines if the park ranger catches them. Trail is closed all winter and doesn't re-open until ice free and gorge wall scaling is completed.

FULL SIZE Original

Buttermilk Falls 16 shots

FULL SIZE Original

Arne Hvaring

Just got the DP3M yesterday. IQ every bit as good as the (excellent) DP2M if not better. Lens seems outstanding.
Thanks for all the great shots here, truly inspiring!
Will post a few when I have something worthwhile.